We had last Saturday to recuperate a little bit before we packed up our bags again on Sunday and headed out for the Bi-annual Jensen Family Reunion. This was the first one where I wasn't ridiculously heavy with child or where I had a new born less than two weeks old so I was definitely looking forward to hanging out with everyone at the 4-H camp up at Donnely that we go to, more than I had in previous years.
Kennedy and two of her cousins, Spencer and Caleb are all born within about 3 months of each other. When we got up there and there were kids bikes everywhere we realized that none of the 3 cousins were riding bikes yet, though the boys both have them and have worked with training wheels on and off but still weren't riding without help. Kennedy didn't have a bike yet and had never tried riding a bike sans training wheels but was as eager as the boys to give it a try. I think the key to their success that night might have had to do with Uncle Taylor and Aunt Tara helping them rather than their own parents. All three of the kids learned how to ride a bike! Poor Taylor was soaking with sweat by the end, having run back and forth with the kids spotting them. Thanks Uncle Taylor!!!
Of course I am most excited for Kennedy- she pretty much hopped on the bike and rode off...on gravel no less, cuz thats the easiest place to learn. Nathan and I were planning on getting Kenna a bike sometime this summer but this new development kind of threw things into high gear. When we got back Nathan and I took Kennedy to get her very first bike. She rides it like a speed demon, so I guess it's fair to say she takes after me in that area...The video is of Kenna up at the camp riding her cousins bike and it is only 15 seconds long or so, enjoy :)



1 comment:
Wow she has got that bike riding down! Nice!
Miss you guys!
Post a Comment