Monday, October 6, 2008

New Park

So this weekend was great. General Conference -at least the parts I could make out above the dull roar of my children being "reverent"- were uplifting and great. I got so many thumps on the head about things I need to do or could be doing better and yet I come away feeling like to pick up the slack in these areas is totally do-able. And the children were actually pretty good though at one point I had Nathan go get Aly's carseat and we buckled her in in front of the tv with her colorings. Sit Aly. Stay. Good Girl!
Before Nathan went to Priesthood session we went and found this new park that several friends had recommended. We were not disappointed. The scenery was gorgeous and the weather was great and the kids had an awesome time playing on the nice, clean equipment. Okay, I'm the only one who noticed/cared it was clean but still.





When Nathan had to go the kids and I stayed and played a while more. At one point Kohen wanted to go clear up this massive hill and say "hi" to the cows who were drinking at the top. After warning him not to touch the fence (barbed) or the cows I let him head up the trail. He got to the top and you could tell even from where we were that he was pretty proud of himself. Kennedy and another little boy followed soon after and at the top they are playing around and eventually Kenna and Kohen pick up dirt clods and begin chucking them down the hill. I call them back down and the other little kid makes it down first and reports to his mom that 'they' were throwing cow poop.
When Kenna and Kohen arrive back down I inform them of what they had been throwing and poor Kennedy...my clean clean girl. She looked slowly down at her hands and totally looked like she was going to be sick. Then there's Kohen whose only comment was, "That was cow poop?...it was BIG!"


6 comments:

Jessie said...

Wait...where do you live???? Cows?

Melissa said...

I just found your blog and you look the exact same as you did in high school! I don't know if you will even remember me or not because it has been so long, but I just have to say that you have such an adorable family... I especially love the pictures in the slide show!!

Melissa (Dickinson) Calder

Heather said...

Thats halarious! I love the differnce between thier reactions, I'm sure Aly would have wanted in on the poop throwing if not so happy in the swing:)

Hokie Family said...

Poop is so funny!!!! hahaha Thanks for the laugh. I also love the car seat idea during conference.

shellydinger said...

So much for a clean experience at the park. Classic story though!

Kim Davis said...

Hey girl! My SIL is getting married next month and wants her bridesmaids to wear a strapless dress with jackets. The only problem is that the dresses don't come with jackets. So now I need to find a chocolate brown jacket to go with a lilac satin dress. I loved the one you wore for your sister's wedding. Did you have it made or were you able to buy it somewhere? If you have any tips for a girl in my positions, I would really appreciate it.

lllllll