Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Pumpkin Carving 08

Letting each of the children color with a washable marker on their pumpkins kept everyone busy as I tried to spread my attention between the three. They practiced drawing the faces they wanted to carve and could easily wipe off their drawings with a wet paper towel when they changed their mind. Then I tried to help them carve exactly the face they had drawn on with marker which was fun.
Kohen passed some time coloring a little pumpkin- he really loves to color and draw.


You don't want to know what Mom was doing to get this picture....
My favorite part about carving pumpkins this year is was how Kennedy kept asking when we were going to "shave our pumpkins" and Kohen kept asking if he could help "scarve his pumpkin". But the Quote of the Day came when we drove past a house whose Halloween decorations were pretty awesome. Trying to find the words to describe what he'd just seen Kohen excitedly says, "Mom!? I just saw...A GHOST CITY!"

6 comments:

Jana said...

Oh, but I DO want to know what mom was doing to get that picture.

Sarah said...

What a cute picture! I agree, you MUST tell! I also very much enjoy hearing all the funny things that your kids say. It makes me laugh.

Corinne said...

What happy smiles your kids have. I like the idea of washable markers- I'll have to try that next year :)

Kristin said...

To cute! I love the last photo:)

hf said...

So, did you dress your girls matching just for pumpkin carving? Cute! Do tell what you were doing tho, I'm very interested.

Jessica said...

Slow.... you might get to meet him next weekend... that is if I see you while you are in Provo.

lllllll