
You know, the whole 'Oh Christmas tree' or 'boughs of holly' evening where you put up your tree. It almost didn't happen. I put up a little tree for the kids to put little ornaments on but only being home 2 1/2 weeks before we left again for the holidays and Nathan being gone over half of that- didn't bode well for the big tree. Last minute we gathered around- I handed out ornaments as fast as I could to 3 eager little children and Nathan helped them hang a few higher up and kept Aly from poking her eye out. I so wasn't looking forward to this job this year (as told by the neglected branches sporting the "just outta the box look" and the haphazard sprinkling of ornaments) but I am still surprised how much fun we had and I am
so glad we did it.
I got out my Barbie ornaments this year. I am sentimental about these little things. Growing up my Dad gave me (and I believe his mother) a collectible Barbie ornament each year for, well 6 years. I don't think it was meant to be that big of a deal but hey- you give a girl a pretty present...I think it had to do with being the only one to receive a special gift each year. I really did feel special. I doubt my Dad meant it to be anything remarkable but each year when I see these pretty ornaments I can't help but feel that way.
3 comments:
Ahh, the joys! I hear ya! I told my little fam that if we didn't get the tree up over the first weekend or so, we wouldn't bother. So we did. It was fun, but looks a little scraggly. Oh well, it's the thought that counts, right?
Love the way Kennedy is keeping Aly in check. Every morning Em is the first to wake up and turn on all the tree lights, they get SO excited about it!
Yeah for Christams and Christams trees. Where are you all heading for Christmas? VA? :( I was putting up my cartoon tree and sad that your kids wouldn't be here to be excited about it. We will have a full house though and expecting tons of fun. Love you guys.
Post a Comment