Friday, December 19, 2008

Update On Aly P.T.

Success!!!! and failure. I gave up (at least for over the holidays) for about a dozen reasons, most of which are sitting, soaking in the laundry room sink. She never did have luck with #2 but Nathan comes home and in less than 24 hours he's helped Aly conquer this challenge on the first try- where as I had been sitting 45 min+ in the bathroom reading books etc with no luck. So when the unexpected happened tonight before bed we threw an absolute party- all of us crowded in the bathroom afterwards and Kennedy, Kohen, Nathan and I were cheering, clapping and chanting, "ALY! ALY! ALY!" The girl was absolutely intoxicated on all of the positive attention (stark contrast from the negative kind she got when we were rushing to get out the door to a Christmas party tonight and find Aly had rubbed A LOT of conditioner all over her head and shirt...I performed the fastest re-bath/dress/hair you've ever seen, it was like I was working the Pit in a car race 'vvvvt', one pig tail in, 'vvvvvt' 2nd one in...).
I had promised Aly a surprise for when this big moment occurred so I gave her this most adorable clock that is a replica of the one I had and loved as a child. I found it on clearance one day at, yep, Target. It was well received as you can see. At any rate- can you tell why I wanted Nathan's help for this stuff?!

3 comments:

Kristin said...

Hurray for Aly! That part was the hardest for us....in the end it was my mom who got her to finally go. Cora loves her "minnie mouse undes", but doesn't seem to want to give up her "Princess Pull-ups". Baby steps right?

Anonymous said...

Seeeester! I forgot all about that clock, I loved that thing :) Hopefully she likes it as much as we did :)

Melissa said...

What beautiful kids!! Potty training is by far one of the most frustrating parts of parenting, hopefully she gets the hang of it quick!!

lllllll