Monday, October 26, 2009

International Food Fair

On Saturday we headed out to the Annual International Food Fair that is held at TAS (Taipei American School). It was raining off and on- mostly on- and the Fair is both inside and outside so we checked things inside first. We tried some sort of Australian dessert that was sponge cake rolled in chocolate syrup and then in coconut. I was doubtful but upon tasting it, convinced. It was really yummy. There were a bunch of countries represented and so it was fun to just browse.
We headed outside on our hunt for food and it was raining pretty good, but we had dressed the kids in raincoats and boots. Funny thing about rain coats, you have to actually wear them for them to work. Just fyi. But we were getting dripped on even under the tents where we ate so it wasn't too much of a stretch for Aly and Kohen to get soaked. At least it was a warm rain and they had fun.
I don't feel like the pictures are going to do Aly and Kohen justice for how soaked they were but Aly was wet through and through, dripping actually. In true Kennedy fashion she managed to only got her jeans a little bit wet when splashing.
In case your wondering the kids chose hot dogs and pizza for their lunch. The hot dogs were real beef which is a treat over here. Nathan had Korean beef and I had Taiwan noodles, very simple and good- as well as some sort of french sandwich in a baguette. I had dreams of finding a Dr. Pepper but no such luck.
They had all sorts of carnivals games set up, we let the children do this fishing one before we left. I think they would have sat their all day catching creatures. I do wish it wouldn't have been raining so much because I feel like there was a lot that we didn't get to see or do but then again there would have been twice as many people which is hard to imagine. No worries cuz there's always next year.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like tons of fun. Love the pose of Kohen dancing in the rain. Glad they let loose and didn't let the rain ruin a good time!
~Rachel

The Crowley's said...

they look so wet- i am proud of you- i don't think I could of let all that happen. looks like you are doing well!

Bell Family said...

What fun! Looks like there's a lot to do and you are finding all the fun places to be.

Jody said...

Looks like fun!!! I too love the pic of Kohen in the rain...too cute!

包子爹 said...

Hi!

I'm Yoshi.
If you want to drink Dr.Pepper ,
go [freeze center] , there have what you want.

hf said...

Make sure you check out wherever Yoshi says you can get your Dr. Pepper fix! (yikes!)

Glad you guys had a good time and ate good food instead of weird, gross stuff. :)

Tara Pugmire said...

Erin for real no DP? I had no idea how much you were suffering over there! Just think only two weeks left and you can have all you want of the stuff. Can't wait to see Ander......oh yeah and you too!

Marianne and Brad said...

The pictures of Kohen crack me up every time! That kid is hilarious! Looks like you guys had fun, we miss you a ton!

lllllll