Thursday, October 15, 2009

Therapy

What? like we didn't all know my children would end up in therapy. Granted, 3 is a little younger than I had anticipated but Aly had her first Speech Therapy session last night and it went really well. Except for the part when the therapist told me that not only does Aly need to slow down when she speaks, but it would really help her if her parents slowed down too. Apparentlyshethinkswetalkreallyfastandneedtoslowdown. Idon'tseewhatshe'stalkingabout. Her issues aren't that bad but Aly's been asking us lately to help her to pronounce things properly so we figured it was a good time to get a little professional help. Hopefully she will improve quickly.
Secondly, I think Aly's face looks good with bangs. However her bangs never lay nicely because she has some wild cowlicks up front and that coupled with her curl doesn't bode well for obedient bangs. So for now we are going to try growing them out. I think I am starting to get used to it...we'll see. Thoughts???
As I mentioned before Ander thinks he is a thumb sucker. Luckily he struggles with coordination and often can't get his thumb in his mouth. He settles for his wrist or his fist no problem. In fact I just realized the little bruise I saw on his wrist for the second time and had been racking my brain trying to figure out when he might have been hurt- well it's actually a bruise from him sucking on his own arm. Anyway, I had been taking advantage of his weak and uncoordinated newborn muscles and when I see him trying to get his thumb in his mouth I shove his pacifier in there and smugly congratulate myself on the save. But now as you can see his skills are suddenly improving and I have discovered him with his thumb plugged in his mouth after having settled himself down several times now. It might be my imagination but I swear he is wearing that same smug look I had been before. Touche'.
I apologize in advance to post about children's artwork that perhaps only a parent could love, but Kohen's is just so consistently entertaining. I had to add this Jack-o-lantern he made at school. It makes me really happy, I think it's the teeth. Anyway, it's important to note that this wasn't a class project but something he came up with during his free time. Love it.
Kennedy had the quote of the week this week when we were putting up some Halloween decorations. I pulled out this small skeleton and Kennedy says excitedly, "Oh look at this little skeleton! It must be an Elf skeleton."
Poor Mr.Peeps

7 comments:

Sarah said...

Aly looks so grown up in that picture! I think no bangs are cute but it makes her look like more of a little kid too. Why do they have to grow up? :)

Jetta said...

Ihaveafeelingtalkingreallyfastisinpartajensenproblem. Probably having to do with competing with everyone else to get a word in edgewise. Love the pics!

The Carlsons said...

Waaaahhh:( Aly looks like such a big girl! I miss her bangs and pigtails, and I personally like her little voice and her baby talk. Booo for getting big!

Heather said...

she does look older, but her face is SO cute, who wouldnt want to show it off a bit more? I love it. Good luck wiht growing them out, that part is not so fun. Does she keep in headbands and barretts well?

Andrea said...

In my experience, if a baby is determined to be a thumb sucker, it is probably a losing battle. hannah is a thumb sucker and is such a great baby because of it. It she's tired, sick, hungry, etc., she just pops it in and soothes herself. Now, ask me in 2 years how I feel about the thumb sucking...

Jessie said...

Oh Erin I just want to pick him up and snuggle him! Those cute cheeks! At least with a thumb he will never loose it...right. Aly looks sooooo big! You look great! How are you feeling? Miss you!

Anonymous said...

My kids have fast talking problems too. Must be Keith's genes. :)Ander is so FAT! I love the pumpkin too. Very Tim Burton. Wish I was there to squeeze that baby! We love seeing what you are all up too!

Trevi

lllllll