Sunday, April 11, 2010

And I Do My Little Turn on the Catwalk

So the modeling that the kids have been doing a little of has finally paid off in the form of the catalogs we've started to receive. Especially this one from Why and 1/2 where Kohen showed up on the cover :) I don't care who you are, if your child is on the cover of anything -minus maybe an America's Most Wanted poster- you're gonna be beaming with pride. Don't worry though, it's the really humble kind of pride, where I only take full credit for having created such amazing creatures, their inner light, trilling laughter- huh? what's that? God and Nathan?..... Fine. they may have been involved as well.

This particular brand of clothes are bright and bold and kind of eclectic. They are also pricey in my opinion, I'm not willing to pay $30 ish for a t-shirt. But the clothes are mostly cute and made well. This is the only company where the shoots are more than 2 or 3 hours. They take you on location and feed you lunch and your children work off and on all day. It's a long day but the children don't seem to really mind and the company is very professional. And of course you have the really nice catalog :) - there's that humble pride again......

Anyway, for a limited time some of the pictures from Why and 1/2 will be on their website if you would like to take a gander at something other than the picture of a picture you will find below.
It often takes a good 20 seconds to load, fyi. You can just click around on the Chinese characters to find the pics or I will briefly explain where they are: When the site first comes up you'll see a cartoon bear. On the bottom of the page there are chinese characters separated by stars. Click on the second one. A list of ten chinese characters will come up. Choose the second one down that says Mini and then chinese. Aly is in this one. The 5th, 6th and 8th ones down have lot's of Kennedy and Kohen.

13 comments:

Rosemary said...

Sweet! Reminds me of all the brightly colored clothing we used to see and the short shorts and the crazy combinations. FUN ! and darling kids of course!

Anonymous said...

So,So cute! I am amazed at how natural and at ease they all are. Just happy kids and you can't keep that from coming out. I did n't realize Kohen was also involved. So great. Thanks for sharing.
Aunt Cindy

PS I love the table runner and chop sticks. What a fun surprise. I don't have your e-mail or address so I have no other way to thank you. You are great.

Keeping Up w/The Carlsons said...

OMG! These are the cutest pictures EVER! They seriously must love doing these shoots, I mean Kohen dressed up in that super hero outfit? He looks so excited that I'm surprised he didn't launch himself into orbit and fly away to save someone! And I love the one of Kennedy in the fedora and scarf, I swear we used to own the bracelet that she is wearing in that picture when we were little! (And I sort of want the fedora and scarf for myself:) And last but not least, Aly in those little suspenders? Luv!

Marianne and Brad said...

I love the pictures! They all look so good! Also, I just died laughing when I saw the name of your post. You are always good for a laugh Erin! Please tell me that you guys are coming to the family reunion!

shellydinger said...

Amazing! Kohen is awesome - of course he got the cover! You really do have happy (and gorgeous) kids.

The Crowley's said...

totally jealous! Great opportunity for your kids. they look so cute.

Jody said...

Your kids are totally adorable! :)

Kay said...

I LOVE it. Kohen is a GREAT cover model. It is the best when they make the cover. Makes me miss you guys. Hope you are doing well. i thought of you as i drove by Boise today.

bgsorenson said...

What a cool thing for your kids to experience. Cute pictures.

Kristin said...

What beautiful photos and what an amazing experience! Your kids radiate happiness and look like they had so much fun. I am so glad you posted!

The Sorensons said...

Wow! I don't even know what to say. Now you have models for children! If any mom could get their children to be such adorable models it would be you!

Hannah said...

Your children are beautiful--seriously! I think you deserve MOST of the credit. :) Do you get to keep copies of the pictures for yourself? There are som great shots in there.

Jessie said...

AWESOME! He made the cover! Very cool...is that a scouting magazine? :)

lllllll