Friday, August 20, 2010

First Day of School 2010

At TAS they stagger the start day of the KA and Kindergarten students from the rest of the schools so Kennedy started school the day before her brother and sister. She is showing she is starting second grade here, though it ironically looks a lot like a classic Asian picture pose.
This was Kennedy's day two and Kohen and Aly's first day of school. Isn't Aly's first day of school outfit adorable?! Yeah, she starts a half hour after her siblings. Which, since the bus won't come up our hill, it makes for a lot of driving back and forth for us (8am, 8:30am, 1:30pm, 2:30pm) I might as well drive a taxi.
Kohen is starting Kindergarten. It is an all day program here and I hope he will adjust well to the curriculum. Nothing reminds me we are in Asia more than when I review what they are supposed to learn in a year. Like Kennedy's new teacher pointed out, here it is the "in" thing to be smart and do well in school. That is what is cool to these kids. Not sure Kohen is the bookworm type. Though I bet he could imagine and draw a cool one...
After much, much, MUCH indecision, debate and prayer we finally decided to put Aly in the Kindergarten A (like a pre-K) program at TAS. As soon as we made the decision and moved forward we knew we had made the right choice. I am so grateful when prayers are answered like that. Sometimes you have to move forward in faith before you get that reassurance, and it's always so hard to take those first steps.
Aly has been telling me that she misses me (literally just because she doesn't want me to feel bad) but also making sure I know she loves her new school. I really am going through Aly withdrawals. She is such a little comet- flying through life on fire.
I have to show the back of her hair, I love this do on her. It's easy, keeps her hair out of her face, stays in and it compliments her little face.
And a picture of these two because it makes me smile each time I see it. I don't think I noticed it that morning in all the chaos but I like that tie babe :)
And more on Ander to come... he. is. killing. me. Still want to just kiss those cheeks right off him though.

6 comments:

Sarah said...

I just love first day of school pictures and these are awesome ones. The kids shoes are super stylish and I love that Aly's bag is almost as big as she is.

Also I didn't get to tell you how awesome I thought your dragon cake was. I seriously can't believe you did all that with an ear infection. You're my hero. :)

Kay said...

Glad you were able to make your decision on where to put Aly. I am sure she will thrive at TAS even though all the taxi driving might kill you! Good luck with that!

Jessie said...

Kinda freaking me out that Aly's in kindergarten....soooo not ready for Sienna to go yet. And why oh why is Ander killing you..he always looks so sweet and happy! :)

shellydinger said...

You and Nathan really do have gorgeous genes. All your kids are beautiful. Ander just might be beating Kohen out in the cuteness department.

The Crowley's said...

I thought Kenna was throwing up the peace sign to represent the fact that those 7 year old mean girls have chilled out and started treating her right!! Which i still hope is the case.

Anonymous said...

OMG - Aly is sooo cute in that photo with her leg kicked out!

-Justin

lllllll