How was your Thanksgiving?
This year, this ^ Kindergarten spread was as close to a traditional Thanksgiving meal as I got. And I have to say, it was actually really good.
Kennedy was in tears that Kohen was teasing her by saying he "massaged the turkey". But turns out each kid in his class really did get a chance to massage that turkey, put in stuffing and make cranberry sauce from scratch. It was just delicious, actually.
Some of the fun randoms brought in for the potluck portion are McDonalds chicken nuggets, soy eggs, "sandwiches" from 7-11 that had a thin layer of egg rather than cheese, and other undecipherables. Always an adventure.
But the food the Kindergartners made was truly delicious. My son has now made more of a Thanksgiving dinner than I have. True story.
More on our non-traditional Thanksgiving to follow...



6 comments:
Has Kohen called Eric to tell him he "massaged" a turkey? It just sounds like something Eric would say.
I think I made a construction paper feather headband when I was his age, not an entire dinner. Impressive! I think he's made more of a Thanksgiving dinner then I ever have as well.
chicken nuggets--really? You have such fun stories.
I knew the Pilgrims had Potato Chips!
Hey that is some good ol' food. I would know a spread like that is not easy! Looks like it was a blast!
Glad you got a taste of a REAL Thanksgiving meal... oh, the things your so-called friends put you through. :) Glad this one was actually good, but also glad you did indeed like the crispy beef. :)
Post a Comment