Friday, December 10, 2010

Chinese Turkey Dinner/HK 2010

  Well, Thanksgiving dinner was a lot like the build up to this post... it left something to be desired. I am a fan of traditional Thanksgiving dinner so when everyone cried "PEKING DUCK...YES!" I was outnumbered but decided to go along for the ride. 
  This is the crispy beef that I tried (What, you've never seen cuts of beef that look like dried worms before?) and actually quite liked. But the much anticipated duck was a bit of a disappointment. 
Check out Nicole's post to see the video clip which answers why we all broke out into "Fa Ra Ra Ra Raaaa, Ra Ra Ra Raaaa!" And some better pictures of how they actually wanted us to eat the duck... The sauce reminded me of the black blood that came out of Penguins mouth when he died on Batman. But aaanyway, you can at least see and get a feel for the rest of the spread and the great company we had at dinner.

So overall, my rating was just okay. I mean, the duck didn't even have it's head still on which isn't very Chinese at all is it? Still, I would be willing to try duck again if the opportunity arises. Just no Penguin blood this time. 
FA RA RA RA RA!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Kohen actually looks more scared than you in that top pic. :) Hey, don't make it sound so bad. It was so much fun!!! And c'mon you had a real Thanksgiving at school a few days prior. Be sure to get a real turkey for Christmas to fill the void. :)

Jessie said...

I am not a fan of Turkey (vegetarian) but I would REALLY not be a fan of Duck! Good times over there Erin! :)

lllllll