Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas in Taiwan 2010

 Unbelievably, our children didn't wake US up until 8am Christmas morning. They played quietly down in their rooms while they waited. It was a CHRISTMAS MIRACLE!!! I think our traditional Christmas wrap across the stairs went a long way keeping them upstairs.
 When Nathan and I came down, they were sitting in these 3 chairs in front of the wrapping, just trying to keep their excitement down while they waited for us. This attitude started our morning off on the right foot for sure.
Even without any extended family (who we missed SO much!!!) we were able to have a lovely Christmas morning. As I sat there counting blessings as the morning went on, I started to realize I must be one of the luckiest girls in the world. Truly.
Merry Christmas!!!!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the wrap on the stairs! A great idea. You have such good kids waiting so patiently. LOVE the new family picture. Could you look any cuter? How do you do it after having 4 kids? I need your secret.
Rachel

Anonymous said...

I love the wrap on the stairs! A great idea. You have such good kids waiting so patiently. LOVE the new family picture. Could you look any cuter? How do you do it after having 4 kids? I need your secret.
Rachel

Anonymous said...

I love the new family pic too. You look like a model Erin. I am so glad you had a great Christmas, the look on the kids faces says it all. We missed you too. Aunt cindy

Kay said...

christmas wrap across the stairs--genious! I might just steal that trick for next year.

Love the new family pic. you guys look perfect as usual!

Nicole said...

Oh my goodness! Your new family picture is soooo darling! I love it so much! It is so cool that it is on your hill too. Who took it for you?

You have such fun traditions; I love the wrap on the stairs. Such a great idea. And what good kids to wait so patiently!

Tara Pugmire said...

We missed you at christmas, but so glad it was such a good day for you. I echo the comments of the wrapped stairs.. brilliant!

Jessie said...

Love your new family picture Erin! I bet it was hard to be so far from your family. Looks like your kids were pretty darn happy!
Happy 2011!

Ky"sa" said...

I can't believe they waited for you guys. And I love, love Ander's huge grin. It wasn't the same without you guys.

fancythisfamily said...

Did you give them Benedryl the night before? LOL Just kidding!!! Yeah to a Merry Christmas!!!

lllllll