Monday, December 13, 2010

Disneyland HK 2010

 Disneyland Hong Kong = Awesome. It was decorated for Christmas already which made it extra special. We started off our day with a character breakfast, Mickey being the first one we met. Kohen could hardly stay in his seat to wait for him to get to us.
 Kennedy and Pluto
 Kohen and Pluto
 Kohen and Goofy
Kennedy (Kohen) and Goofy
Anybody notice Aly missing? Yeah, she was completely petrified of Pluto and Goofy. She summed it up nicely when she said, "I don't like Dogs." Unsure of Goofy's species and to cover her bases she added, "Or tall people."

Guess who else wasn't a fan?
 Poor baby! Pluto kind of snuck up on Ander and this ^ is when he discovered he had a visitor. Immediate. Sheer. Terror. I felt so bad!! Pluto backpedaled away as fast as he could but the damage was done.
 Before we left for the park we met a special visitor in the lobby. Aly's face illustrates how they all felt I think.
 Then the Princess we had been waiting for arrived. BELLE. She was the most gracious, well mannered,  and let's be honest, well trained princess ever. She listened to all three talking at her all at once, she asked them questions, and when they gave her pictures they'd drawn to give to her "friends" (ie: other characters) she remembered who each one went to. She was great.
Us with Buzz Lightyear while Ander caught a nap in the stroller. (Aly still recovering from Pluto/Goofy trauma).
 We met up with some of our friends when we rode It's A Small World, it was all decked out for Christmas...
 Aly HATED it.

Lost Baby Story:
Yup. It's true. I had let Ander out of the stroller at one point, letting him run around a little. When Nathan and the kids walked up to continue on I thought Nathan picked up Ander as I pushed the stroller on and away we went.
2 min. later: Nathan passes me without our son in his arms (!!!!!!!). Realizing what happened I didn't even say anything, just left the stroller, turned around and ran back, searching the crowds and the area, my heart jumping out of my chest the whole time.
As I neared the scene of abandonment, unbelievably I see our friends walking up the hill, Lori holding a content Ander in her arms. I was so relieved!
As Lori handed Ander back she tells me that they were walking innocently along when a young Asian couple approached them holding Ander and said, "Excuse me, do you know who this baby belongs to?" And Lori said, "As a matter of fact, I do!"
After my panic subsided we chuckled at the situation. That would be like us walking up to an Asian at a U.S. Disney and asking if they knew who this random Asian baby belonged to. But for us, it worked, thankfully!!!
The nice thing about HK Disney is that it opened in 2005 and is quite small, especially compared to others. They are currently expanding it but I have to say it was so perfect for us. Two days where we didn't have to rush and we still saw everything and rode our favorite rides many times. 
Except the Dumbo ride. Again, Aly's face says it all. 45 min in line to go around in a Dumbo car 5 times (I counted) wasn't anyone's idea of fun.
Now they only need their loin cloths. 
 The view of the Safari ride from Tarzan's Tree House.
 Sing it with me now, "He's got the whole world..."
Space Mountain Report: Kennedy- wanted to cry. 
                                           Kohen- did cry. 
                                           Aly- LOVED IT. (????)
My parents used to do this when we would travel, put the two chairs together and it makes the perfect toddler bed. Very useful when we all have to sleep in a room together.
It was a magical 2 days with our family. Even with the occasional melt down, Nathan and I would smile and sarcastically remind each other we were in the "Happiest Place on Earth!" We hope to do Disneyland again someday, though I would appreciate going in the U.S., where you can by snacks other than dried squid or $10 popcorn. Well, I suppose the popcorn is still $10.
Kohen has a new B.F.F. who came home from Disneyland with us.
Thanks to Toy Story 3, Kohen informed me he will be taking Woody to college with him because he would never, EVER throw him away. 

7 comments:

Lindsay said...

ohh what a great post. love that the princeses arent asian, I was thinking I would see an asian Belle. also love the one of ander crying at pluto. and love that you lost him, and even more that you found him. good times.

Mandy said...

What a great trip!! I think you guys covered everything, smiles, tears and even a lost child. The memories I have of the parks include every single one of those. :-) Also, aren't the princesses the best, I know a young lady that's Snow in France....could you imagine a better college job?

Anonymous said...

I loved your entire post. Thank you so much for sharing your darling family with the rest of us. Love to you Erin. Aunt Cindy

Rosemary said...

fabulous! Neat day . . . I lost Katie at Disneyland for a few minutes it was sccccary! Glad you all had a great time. Fun Post :)

hf said...

Cute pictures! It looks like it was much more successful than Busch Gardens? :) Well done you guys!

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a great time. Thanks for the photos and stories. Glad Santa was not Asian either! Ha ha ho ho


Dad

Hannah said...

I'm so glad Ander found his way back to you--that heart leaping in the chest feeling is terrifying! But, a fun story in retrospect. I love the two chair toddler bed idea. I'm totally going to use that!

lllllll