Monday, April 25, 2011

Dye Those Eggs!

When I went to boil eggs this year for dying I made an embarrassingly obvious discovery. Why I have never realized it before I don't know. I just know I was relieved that Nathan had never noticed either because that means I'm less unobservant than previously thought. Anyway, Taiwan sells eggs in packs of 10, not a dozen. Another perfect visualization of life here, so close! but not quite right.
The kids had been nagging me so long to dye the eggs that I was thrilled when it was finally time to sit down and get them done. We all had fun in the process, actually. Kennedy went about her work methodically as usual.
Aly was dropping eggs in dye faster than I could keep up with her. Even she couldn't tell which ones were hers cuz she had so many eggs in different dyes at once. She didn't seem to be too possessive about them though so it was all right.
Kohen couldn't hardly get started without eating an egg first. He must be having a growth spurt because he begs for eggs all the time these days. So this activity was obviously a dream come true.
These were some cool dinosaurs my mom sent, they turned out and the kids loved them.
Ander was a spectator on this one and he was a good sport for a long time...
But even this boy....
eventually...
Has had enough.
Thankfully it was nothing half a cookie couldn't cure.

2 comments:

Rosemary said...

cookies are always a great cure!

Anonymous said...

My obligatory girlfriend egg... Nowhere to be seen. Blast.

lllllll