Sunday, April 10, 2011

Hey, It's VINTAGE!

 Recently Kennedy found my Baptism dress and wanted to start wearing it.
Man, I loved that dress. 98% of the reason was because of how gorgeously it "spun out" when I twirled.
So this lovely Sunday afternoon we all were out for a walk, Kennedy wearing my dress. We are walking along and she strokes the skirt admiringly and says, "Mom, I just love this dress." Then wistfully she adds, "I feel like it's from.. the 1900's..."
I was shocked pleased to inform her, it is from waaay back in the 1900's.
Oh my word I feel ancient all of a sudden.

4 comments:

Kay said...

that is gonna keep me laughing.

Anonymous said...

Get. Out! The 1900's?! Aaaahhhaaahhhaahhha!!! We are OLD ladies ;)

Love, Beeg

hf said...

It twirls beautifully! Great shot!!

Mandy said...

I SO understand this feeling. Working with high school kids, I don't feel like I get any older 'cause they are always the same age (14-18, new ones come in old ones go out). But the first time I saw a kids birth date, and it was AFTER I graduated high school, WHAT?!? The old/shock factor sets in, I feel you! :-)

lllllll