Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Surfing...the coolest thing EVER!


The day wore on and we lost Kohen and Tanner to an afternoon nap on the boat amazingly enough; and we got to try something that is really new called surfing. IT IS SOOO COOL!!! It is a board similar in shape to a wake board but it has no bindings. You weight down the back end of the boat with water in these giant bags to create a monster wake and then you use a rope that is only maybe 10-12 feet. You get up, (boy, I made that sound easy!) come down the huge wake and pull yourself forward climbing up the rope until you are about 2 feet from the back of the boat (pic below). Then the task is to find the 'sweet spot' where you can let go of the rope and the wake will continue to carry you along behind the boat without actually holding on to anything. How cool is that!? Kysa and I were trying it for the first time and we had a blast. Neither of us were ever able to find the 'sweet spot' where we could let go of the rope- before we would wipe out but I posted a cool picture of Amy showing us how it's done. What a great day! Thanks Amy, Melanie, Mike and Amber for such a memorable day!!!!






1 comment:

Corinne said...

How fun! I love the picture of the boys knocked out on the floor of the boat- sweet!

lllllll