*Injured Grandma who was to watch our friends children
*Our favorite overnight sitter had a death in the family at the last minute and legitimately had to cancel
*The morning we left the Furni got a call that their flight to San Diego was cancelled
*Our metro was late to the airport and they wouldn't check our bags which were too large for carry on
Let's just say MANY prayers were answered to work things out. My sisters were somehow available to come babysit. Nathan scrambled and found an executive car in LA (where they found a flight to instead) to drive our friends to the docks in San Diego. And unbelievably a lady walked us past the line at security and though we had tons of "liquids and gels" in our luggage they only made Nathan trash his shaving cream and we made the flight. When we finally made it to the ship with Eric and H. we laughed and said that if the ship went down we certainly couldn't say we hadn't been warned!
In Ensenada we went out to one of 3 natural Blow Holes in the world. I don't know if the Blow Hole just wasn't in the mood that day or what but it was only mildly impressive. It looked much cooler on post cards we saw.
And of course the meals were a major highlight. As many of you know the cement that binds this friendship together really comes down to food. :) Needless to say we all enjoyed soft serve ice cream cones whenever we wanted.
But probably our favorite part of the trip really we could have done anywhere. Our cabins were right next to each others and at the end of the day we would all go to one of our cabins and watch episodes of Arrested Development on a laptop and laugh our heads off. If you have never been around Eric when something strikes him funny you are really missing out. His laugh alone keeps all of us rolling, it's very contagious. I'm pretty sure you could record it and sell it as an Abs Work Out. This trip it was "Franklin" that had him going ("I ain't goin to no tight a. country club.....")



7 comments:
ya freak b! I was waiting to see what you would post about. I'm just adding pics to mine. we'll see who gets the cabo pics posted first!! ha!!
Ha ha ha ha! I totally didn't have the guts to write that last part- bless you for doing it for me, lol. Ahh man, I miss Franklin already....
I keep watching our little clip over and over again. :)
Erin wow you look so good all "decked" (hee hee) out in your fab formal garb. Looked like soooo much fun! Hope Kenna had a good b-day. Love ya tara
Looks like fun! You look great by the way!
I think I would have taken all those things as a serious sign I shouldn't be on that boat...but I am glad you didn't sink!
YOu are so lucky to have friends to cruse with. It all sounds like so much fun. I agree with everyone else, you two look great. Love Aunt cindy
Can I just say, you are gorgeous? You look like you walked out of a movie in that cute white and black outfit. And, you've had three kids to boot! Way to go!
Post a Comment