
Well history repeated itself yesterday when Kohen got stung after "petting a bee" a little too enthusiastically in our backyard. There is an infamous story in our family from when I was 5 and my sister was 7 and we were at my grandparents house and Natalie encouraged me to pick up bees and pet them. Always looking for ways to gain favor in her eyes I gladly picked up the bees and the 3rd one didn't appreciate it so much and gave me a sting. The story takes a turn for the worse when a high class friend of my G-parents spit some of his chewing tobacco onto my finger to draw out the sting (and no, I didn't get away with typing that w/o gagging). As gross as it was it
did take the sting away.

Fast forward 23 years and Kohen comes crying into the house with a stinger in his finger. My mom whipped up some baking soda paste which did the trick for making the pain go away, a much cleaner, more civilized version of a bee sting remedy I have to say. In the bee's defense Kohen had this coming. I knew he played with the bees from time to time and he wouldn't listen to my words of wisdom and had to learn the hard way. Not sure actually, if even the sting will be enough to keep him away. The bees really fascinate him. But still Kohen, no touch-y.

And check out this little number Kennedy came up with. She has been dressing up less and less over the last few months (sad!) but I was pleased to see this. She made the skirt out of several small blankets which according to her were to cover her underwear which were showing out the bottom of the leotard which is a size 2. I like where her head was on this.
****Favorite Aly quote of the day:
Tonight at dinner my ever Butter loving Aly got super upset when I stirred the butter into her beans (rather than leave it in a dollop that can be easily ingested in one scoop) and so when she asked for butter on her Beef Stroganoff (???) she commanded me, "don't tuck it in!"
7 comments:
C'mon Erin! Just a little bit of tabacky, chew it up and spit it on your son's finger! I'm sure that would do your gag reflex wonders. You're right, that's gross just typing it.
At least it worked instead of just having gross spit on your finger.
Your kids crack me up - so cute!
O my gosh! I am laughing sitting here! When Ash and I were there I told him our whole story, how I made you pet the bee, and that it would not be a good idea. Poor little guy :( Kenna's outfit, super cute :) And, don't tuck the butter in?? Shut. Up. She kills me :) Such a doll :) Miss you guys!XOXO
Seeeester
AHHHHHHHHH I can't believe your prego! Congratulations! I am so happy for you! Weird because you had just had Ally when I met you! Are you going to find out what it is...Four kids...it's the best! Everyone has someone for a buddy...Disneyland..no problem! :)
I'm so happy for you! Hope you get feeling better!
Your post on the the bumble bee made me laugh!
Cooper is super duper allergic to bees so there is no bee petting at my house.
Miss you!
Lol, thank you for many laughs! Each story is great. I didn't know that you could put butter on stroganoff.
So, I think I heard a story that Grandma Cambell ate a bee that flew into her lunch and stung her mouth.....did you hear that one? Cora has that same tutu that Kennedy is wearing, love it!
I can't believe how big your kids are getting - Kennedy is BEAUTIFUL!! Would you be interested in an arranged marriage between her and Jake? :)
Those kid crack me up!!! Make sure you text Rose and tell her she is to blame for Aly's little butter addiction. Dont tuck it in!!! Because then I cant see it - I remember she used to not like use smashing it into her dinner rolls either - she wants to see it, or have enough on there so you cant smash/tuck it in. Love you, Nathan
Post a Comment