Friday, June 19, 2009

Kennedy's Kindergarten Graduation

Kennedy's Kindergarten Graduation was last week. This ^ is Mrs. Magelby who -as Kennedy's teacher- knows more than me, is a much greater authority than me, and always has the right answers. The power teachers hold! They had a cute little program and Mrs. Magelby said a few words and by the time she was done there wasn't a dry eye in the place. She said that in 11 years she has never had such an amazing and well behaved class and that she wasn't just saying that. We were so grateful to have her as a teacher.
Above is Kennedy and her BFF Alex and below is one of her 2 other really close friends Shayla.Kohen was at preschool but Nathan was able to make it and we stayed and watched the class go out to the park nearby and play games, it would have been perfect if it wouldn't have felt like a winter day out (hello!? Do I not live in California?! What is going on?...Don't even say Global Warming or we won't be friends anymore).
I held it together well but I have to say- I feel like I'm going to wake up tomorrow and it will be Kennedy's high school graduation. Our babies leave us so fast!
To celebrate their last day of school we went and saw UP! which was really cute and then decided to go get ice cream for dinner- a really fun first for our family. Not one complaint about what we're having for dinner? also a family first. We were excited to taste the yogurt at this cute Yogurt Castle we've wanted to try since we've lived here. As you can tell by Kohen's all business posture and inability to look at the camera long enough for the shutter to open and close- 'dinner' was a hit.

7 comments:

The Crowley's said...

Congrats Kenna!!
Alright, Nathan let's go a little TV this time..."They called me a failure when i flunked 3rd grade, but eventually, I did pass, and i was the biggest kid in the class, so there"

Anonymous said...

Congrats miss Kennedy! I love ice cream for dinner!

Corinne said...

Yay for the first tooth! We are close to losing a first here in Idaho too! Ok so I totally want to see you before you fly across the ocean! We are in Eagle until August!

Anonymous said...

AHHHH I hate to admit failure - especially in light of my daughter's recent matriculation from kindergarten...but you have beaten me Crowley.....

I give....

Nathan

Anonymous said...

Michael Scott--"The Office"

Anonymous said...

I am ashamed to call myself an Office officianado.

Nathan

Ky"sa" said...

Erin, I'm so proud of you for having ice cream for dinner. WOW!!! Good job Kenna for graduating kindergarten. Woot, woot!!

lllllll