Normally I would feel fine about posting pregnancy pictures. This time I'm not feelin it. I don't know if it's cuz it's my 4th or if this boy is just huge or what but I am bigger than I normally am at this point. It's probably a good thing in that I now have sympathy for the women who feel huge (I suppose we all feel huge regardless of actual size) or deal with this regularly with pregnancy. You may be wondering what I'm talking about cuz the baby bump isn't that impressive. Well, we took about 20 pictures and this was the most flattering one I could find. It's amazing how I can look months more or less pregnant just from an angle. And no, I'm not posting bigger ones.
I am 6 months in this picture btw, went in a few days ago and I am, for the first time ever, measuring big, so it's not just in my head. My belly button is on the verge of flipping inside out which is also about a month earlier than usual. Not looking forward to this so much because last time it was herniated and actually looked pretty obscene. I know, I know, could be much much worse. But since it's not may I please complain?
In other not so great news, you know my laptop that I crushed? Yeah, well, turns out it's not actually covered. So I have to take it in today to see what the $ damage is and how long I will be without my computer...feeling sick about the whole thing all over again. It might actually be a good thing seeing as there are just a few short weeks before we will be moved and I will not have the computer tempting me all day. Moving over seas is proving to be more complicated than state to state (Movers come and pack the stuff to put on a boat over, then come back and pack up the things to put in storage in Boise, then I have to pack for 2 months worth of living, plus separate baby stuff we decided to Air ship over to ensure it is there before the baby...) so I will be relieved when we pull in to Boise at the end of this month. We will leave for Taiwan at the end of July :(
Lastly, I took these pics the other day after dropping Kenna off at school. This Quail family was migrating across the street and through our yard and they literally had about 15 or 16 babies, hard to count cuz they were of course moving all over the place. But it was the cutest little scene, the Dad was pacing back and forth irritated that the family wasn't coming along any faster, the mom was chirping trying to get all her little ones gathered and moving in the right direction. And she didn't want to move away from the dangerous road until the last of her babies had jumped up the curb, despite her husbands obvious angst and irritation about their exposed location.
Thats when I discovered a couple of the babies couldn't make the jump up over the curb. One little guy was chirping and running back and forth like a frantic little mad man, pooping himself out so that when he tried to jump he couldn't clear it. I debated and decided either he dies cuz he's left behind or risk touching him. So I caught him and he sat right down in my hand, totally exhausted. Poor little guy.
By now the mom had moved everyone into our bushes and when I brought over the first baby he hopped down and ran into the bushes. Then I noticed the obvious knuckle head of the family running around in the gutter clear up at the top of our Cul de sac. I ran over and it took me a bit but I was able to finally catch this lost little guy and when I brought him over, the mom came out of the bushes just a hollering at him, as she nipped him all the way into the bushes. It was a really fun few minutes for me watching how even this bird family has similar qualities to our families. Plus, hello- I got to briefly hold 2 adorable little baby birds! It did make make my day.



10 comments:
I'm not even going to humor you and say you are big, cause you are about as big as my pinky so just don't even go there :) You look adorable and those birds were so cute!
I love the backyard campout. We might have to do that because I've sworn off camping for the rest of the year because of the bad nights of sleep from the baby crying. We could still let the baby sleep in his crib while the boys slept in the backyard. Sweet idea. I also love your little tummy. I'm so excited for you to have a boy. So Fun!
Erin, you look HOTTT!! Seriously, you are so tiny! I am not envying you about the move though, but hang in there! Can't wait to see you in 4 weeks! Miss you guys.
congrats! And I agree with Jana, your six months big is how I look at three! You look great!! Hope to see you around when you stop in at the end of the month.
You have a very cute little tummy. I can't believe your 6 months. I hope we can get together while your in Boise. I'm there from June 11th to July 23rd.
Erin, you look absolutely beautiful! I'm not even kidding; I think you are one of the cutest pregnant ladies ever.
Just so you know, I looked like that back in March when I was 3 months. I need the other pictures to verify that you're even preggers.
Love the birdies and the similarities between our own families... :)
Alright- I just wish you would have said that that was your 4 month photo. oh, well. Good luck with all the move stuff- You are handling it so well! Exciting times! And the baby bird thing- sweet!
Erin!!! You are the most cutest pregnant person around! I'm not even kidding. :) Love ya!
Seriously your saying your big in that picture! What? 6 months? Your tiny Erin! I haven't ever seen you prego...your just how I would picture you.
I am tired just thinking about your move! Wish I could help~
Post a Comment