Just a smidge of background, after Kennedy learned about losing teeth from a cousin when she was around 3 yrs old, she has been looking forward to when she would start losing her baby teeth so much I think it is fair to call it obsession. A couple of summers ago she even did a little summer school class all about the Tooth Fairy which increased her excitement even more.
So imagine when she is one of the last in her class (the last, according to her...not quite accurate) to lose a tooth and get her name on the special tooth poster. As a Kindergartner, clearly this is earth shattering. Baby Kennedy didn't even get her first tooth until 14 months so I figured it might be a while before they started coming out. But then she was the oldest in her class and still that wasn't enough to give her that competitive edge, lol.
About a month and a half ago I was... I really want to say I was flossing her teeth when I made this discovery but that would be a lie. At any rate, whatever I was doing besides not flossing her teeth, I came across a tooth that had popped up quite a ways behind her baby tooth on the bottom. Unfortunately because it was so far back the permanent one hadn't loosened the baby tooth.
I consulted my nearest professional (James) and came to the realization that all Kennedy's fantasizing about losing her first tooth may come crashing down if the reality ended in a Dentists chair having it yanked.
Then Kenna decided to play "dog" one afternoon and was trying to chew on a soccer ball (???) when Kohen bounced them on the trampoline and the ball knocked her tooth barely loose. Nathan, knowing Kenna's desire to make it onto the tooth poster at school began working with her tooth and pretty soon either he or I would wrench that thing every night before bed- all at our daughters prompting I assure you.
Then Kenna decided to play "dog" one afternoon and was trying to chew on a soccer ball (???) when Kohen bounced them on the trampoline and the ball knocked her tooth barely loose. Nathan, knowing Kenna's desire to make it onto the tooth poster at school began working with her tooth and pretty soon either he or I would wrench that thing every night before bed- all at our daughters prompting I assure you.
We made little progress. The last day of school was approaching and we were dealing with daily episodes of tears because, well you know, that d-a-m-n poster. I started preparing her for her upcoming Dentist appointment, Nathan of course, was convinced that baby tooth was as good as gone. Last day of school comes and goes, baby tooth still intact.
48 hours later when Nathan went to tuck Kenna in before he left out of town he promised one last tooth wiggling session. And viola! Kennedy Jolee lost her very first baby tooth!!!!
I have had to listen to it so you must suffer too. That night Kennedy was so insanely excited, she couldn't fall asleep, kept coming out and telling me what had happened over and over again, who she was going to show and who she was going to tell. The Tooth Fairy remembered to stop by and so in the morning we had a new tidbit to add to Kennedy's I-lost-my-tooth loop, the hundreds of different ways she was going to spend her $2.
I thought the excitement would fade with the day but I was so wrong. She proceeded to insert her tooth loosing gems into every conversation throughout the rest of the day. Example: at dinner she ate her broccoli first since it isn't her favorite. Later when Kohen was balking she said, "Kohen, when I lost my tooth, I ate my broccoli first and then it wasn't so bad." She even turned to me while the Sacrament was being passed at church to tell me something about her tooth which sadly I don't remember because I was laughing inside that even the Sacrament wasn't exempt from interruption with this dang tooth!



9 comments:
hurray! I'm so glad that she didn't have to get it pulled.
Kenedy, I love you. I want to see you really bad. I am happy for your lost tooth, and I did loose two of mine, and I am going to loose one more. I miss you. One night I was crying because I did not get to see you, but I will see you on summer. I think you and me will love it when we go to the ocean!
Kennedy that was Laynie!
She should use that $2 to pay the paperboy--Anybody?
Mike
congratumalations!
Crowley,
4 weeks, twenty papers, that's $2....plus tip.....Sorry Johnny, dont have a dime (foot in door). Didnt ask for a dime....two dollars,.......cash.......
Better of Dead
Thanks for playing,
Nathan
Ha ha ha ha, way to go babe! Great ref. Mike :)
Very nice, Nathan.
Ha, ha, ha!! Two dollars, I need my two dollars!! I loved better of dead!! Good job boys!! Kennedy!! Yay! I'm so excited that you lost your tooth. Spencer can't wait to see your new smile! See you soon. Love you, Aunt Kysa
Post a Comment