Monday, June 8, 2009

Kohen Quotes

Kohen is really not feeling well. After his fever spiked this afternoon Nathan took him to the ER (no Doc in the Box places here open Sunday) and they waited quite a while for the dr. to come in. When she finally did come in Kohen, not feeling very well says, "What took you so long?" lol, isn't that what we all want to say at the dr's office? I guess the dr. laughed and said, "Out of the mouth of babes..." Exactly.

Next quote came after a family in our ward adopted their first child from Africa and Kohen had some questions for me about how this family suddenly had an adorable 6 month old African baby. So, I think my friends who have adopted need to give me some pointers because as I tried to explain the basics of adoption, I could tell I was causing him to have about 5 new questions for every one I tried to answer. I did my best, tried to keep it simple. Anyway, about a week later we are driving and seemingly out of nowhere Kohen says: "Do some boys not have families?" I hesitated wondering what the question was really about but I say, "...yes". He thinks about it and says, "Where are they?" I answered simply and he ponders this info and then says, "If we find some can we keep 'em?"

A favorite from a month or so ago, Kohen was very frustrated with Nathan about something and to let him know just how frustrated he was he says, "Fine! Then I'm not gonna be this families Super Hero anymore!"

Lastly, yesterday he had his hand on my belly waiting to feel his brother kick for the first time. When it finally happened a big smile spread across Kohen's face and he said, "Hey! He just gave me a high five!"

2 comments:

Heather said...

LOVE IT. This post is truly what blogs are made for:)

The Crowley's said...

got to love that kid!!!

lllllll