Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Belly Button Birthday

I'm always so glad when the ugly, stinky cord finally comes off and you can actually bathe your baby. Can I get an Amen! ??? I mean really, when they have a blowout sometimes a pansy little sponge bath just doesn't do the trick. This is Ander's first official bath and as you can see he was pretty chill about it, didn't cry until the very end when he was probably getting a little cold. And can we all look at my big, chubby, double chinned little boy and be proud of me please*?!
(*Author understands that in no way could her baby really be considered 'chubby' but as far as her babies go, this is pretty impressive.)

The other night we went to dinner at the best place Carrie showed me on our scooter tour around TianMu. It is called Sababa and it is all open air and this was such a beautiful, warm evening (my sweater is trying to make a liar out of me but I actually only have a few shirts that fit the chest 'er-eea' so I make do) and there was a nice cool breeze blowing through the restaurant, it was so fun. If you come to visit we will have to go here for sure, the ambiance alone is worth it. It's Mideastern Food, freshly made pitas that are to die for- and I'm not even a pita fan generally. They have other dishes too but so far we're lovin the pitas. And as ^ this picture just did to me, I am still having those Holy Smokes moments where I realize I am actually a mother of 4. Umm, who authorized this?

10 comments:

shellydinger said...

My thoughts exactly (about your big family) not that you couldn't handle 4 kids, but really, your kids look so big (especially Aly)and you still look like a teenager! I bet most people still think you are the nanny. and Double chins are awesome!On babies, not so much adults.

Ky"sa" said...

Wow I'm impressed! He is rockin' a double chin. NICE JOB! He already looks different from his earlier pictures. I want to squeeze him so bad. You are looking really good Erin. Can't wait to come and visit you and go to your favorite places. Lots of loves to your kids from me.

kj

The Crowley's said...

he is getting chubby! love it!

Anonymous said...

Yes,that forth child really changes the equation. Nice that another boy evens things out in the (voting) ratio. Too many kids to transport on a scooter but you may have seen it on occasion.
Love the photos!!


Dad

The Carlsons said...

Seriously, could he be any cuter? If my kids come out that cute I might keep having more too!

Jana said...

AMEN! and Hallelujah about the belly button!!
Erin you're so funny! The chest "er-eea!" One of the worst parts about nursing I might add!

Rachel said...

Ander is such a good-looking newborn. You have beautiful kids, Erin! Maybe I'll take a trip to Taiwan and take pics of your beautiful babes :). That is where you guys are at, right?

Heather said...

Oh I hurt just reading the bit about the boobs. Memories can be so painful. You look like four is just the way it has always been... no big deal:) Obviously your built for this, and yes, Ander is delicious:)

Hokie Family said...

So Gabe has been doing speech therapy too. It helps.
Love the pumpkin.

Brossettelewis said...

That mom of 4 thing comes out of no where, huh?

lllllll