It's about 50% lie when you hear me say, "I love the beach!" It's true, I do love the beach. But there is equal part loathing for a trip to any sandy area. The preparing, hauling, sunscreen slathering, lifeguarding, and finally, de-sanding of everything from the tenders down to the carpet of the car- it seems an easy day at the beach somehow turns into a massive undertaking.
(Carrie doing her best Baywatch beach run for me after "rescuing" Aly and Taryn from getting too far west in the water)Due to my carrying, delivering and tending of babies over the last few years, I was always the one who stayed home for beach trips, though Nathan and the kids have been before.
One day back from the states and we needed a way to keep active and fight jet lag. We decided to head to the beach for the day with friends.
Here is Kohen boogie boarding, he did great! He actually was really far out but the water was unusually shallow for a really long way out that day.
Ander was fearless to the point that he gave me some mild anxiety. He can swim well but he hasn't spent gobs of time in an ocean and the currents were really strong not very far out.
Thankfully he was mostly content to stay close to shore.
There was a giant typhoon in the area so it was super windy, but the clouds were constantly changing and just beautiful.
The surrounding land is green and lush and beautiful. It's a surprising little beach tucked back by the ocean.
Besides having to call a fellow friend driving home so I could stay awake and be safe while driving, it was an awesome first trip to the beach. Not a bad way to fight jet lag.






2 comments:
I didn't know you were so close to the beach! How far away is it? That is so nice. :)
I love Fulong beach! I am glad that you got to enjoy it!
Post a Comment