Monday, September 3, 2012

Special Visitors

(Aly feeding Taylor)
 One thing we all looked forward to during our stay in Boise was for when we got to spend time with loved ones we don't see often and when visitors were arriving. Peter and Jen were blessed with triplets this year and Jen made the monumental trip up from TX with the babies so that the family could meet them. We were smitten.
 My kids enjoyed not having to fight over one baby, adding Scarlett into the mix at feeding time and there were plenty of hungry babies to go around!
 Kennedy feeding Carder = one genuine smile!
I snagged this pic of all three cuties from Jen's blog because I needed a picture of Cruz in there too! Plus, I can't help it, they are adorable. Each in their own right.
I think about Jen a lot since she had the triplets, when I feel overwhelmed or can't get everyone happy at once. I've had the realization that she and Peter were surely chosen to care for three children at once because few could do it well. It's a ginormous job. After seeing Jen in action with these bambinos, I was still surprised by the reality of what 3 babies takes. However, she is sincerely a super mom and the babies are lucky to have her. (I also realized after the fact that I too had asked her the same like 5 questions literally every person asks them, that must get old reeeeeal fast. :)

 Marianne! We love Marianne. She sacrificed time with her hubby Brad to visit and we were SO glad to get to hang out.
 We were able to match up our time visiting Boise with the Furnisss' and had several fun swim days where we let the kids swim to their hearts content while we visited on the patio.
 Yup. Swimming to their heart's content ;)
 ROSIE!!!! Getting to see Rosie, personally, made my whole trip worthwhile. I want to be like Rosie when I grow up. No, but for real. I don't think the whole BYU Basketball thing is gonna happen for me at this point, but maybe I can somehow still pull off being a mother and grandma who is as straight forward, sincere, genuine and fun as she is.
My lack of 100's if not 1,000's of pictures from this summer should stand as proof of how busy we were. Looking through my pictures this is what I've got of us spending time with family and friends. If you are not pictured, know it's because I have none to picture! Not because we didn't cherish our time together. Though I have been making a concerted effort to just enjoy moments when we are in them and fight the urge to preserve every last one.
We sure appreciated and enjoyed spending time with so many loved ones.

2 comments:

Marianne and Brad said...

Erin! I love this! It was no sacrifice, but awesome to come see you! (Well, maybe Brad was a little bored/jealous he wasn't there:) haha. I am SO happy I got to see you guys!!

Rosemary said...

Thanks! I loved seeing you ALL as well. Best to you all and by the way The Bell Family loved it when we lived near you in VA. It was a great time for us as well. Many fond memories to be sure.

lllllll