Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Scarlett Turns One!

Our little tradition of waking up the birthday child with the whole family singing to them is a fun one. Scarlett was so surprised and looking around like she was confused why we were all in there but then she broke into a big ol grin. Hopefully she understood this day was going to be special.
 We all gathered around to watch Scarlett get her first taste of real deal American sugar and chocolate. But she ended up being more like Kennedy was, not real interested in getting her little fingers messy. After I smooshed her hand in the cake she was a bit distressed and quit using it altogether.
 Instead she would lean forward and try and get a taste without using her hands. She kept us pretty entertained.
 I took 24 pictures of her in this adorable dress, just trying to get one good one. 24. I counted. So hopefully between the ones I am posting, you can get the general idea of the cuteness. It's fluffy and full and too adorable.
 Scarlett has been a sweet little baby girl. She is developing normally, if not louder than usual. Happy or sad, you are gonna hear about it. She sucks her ring and middle finger and likes the same pink silky blanket that Aly imprinted on (and Ander too, truth be told) and crawls around the house pretty confidently. At her first birthday she was starting to pull herself up and get her balance and now,  a month later, she is taking her first steps... and getting her first bumps :(
Lately as she has been working hard on mobility, she sticks her little tongue out A LOT, in this little gesture of concentration. My mission is to catch this in a picture or video asap. It's pretty dang cute. Just like my newly minted one year old. I am so grateful she is a part of our family.

8 comments:

Amber said...

Beautiful Scarlett! Happy Birthday! Thanks for posting, Erin. I LOVE the singing tradition. I may have to employ the sincerest form of flattery!

Nicole said...

What a little doll!! Her smile in the video is so cute!! Love the dress--does it get any better than that fluffiness and sheen. So darling!! Buuut I don't really understand why she wasn't wearing it while she ate her birthday cake?! ;)

The Crowley's said...

loving the dress. She is dang cute!

Marianne and Brad said...

SO cute!! And I love BOTH the birthday songs :) Miss you guys sooo much! Tell Scarlett happy birthday and we love her!

Dixie said...

Always a great day when there is a new post of one or all of the Grandkids....What a happy baby...so much fun for all...

Anonymous said...

More Starly video please. STAT.
;) xoxoxoxo
Beeg

Anonymous said...

So. Freaking. Precious. I love that the birthday song(s) tradition is still alive! Love you guys

Anonymous said...

Oh ^ that was Katie B. by the way hah.

lllllll