Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Another Broken Bone...

I am starting to wonder what I ever did to the Universe because it has been absolutely unloading on my little family the last couple of months. I had hoped that it would all just go away once we were back in VA but alas, it is not to be. I went to the dr. like I was supposed to and though he agreed to take the cast off he only did it conditional to my wearing the b.u.b., non-weight bearing for the next 2-3 weeks. Boo. Then Nathan came home on Friday and for about 24 hours all was right in the world. We were all so thrilled to see each other, the kids wouldn't let Nathan out of their sight, can't blame them for that. I lost my cell phone for about 36 hours; a time wherein I felt detached, lost, and alone and subsequently pondered my dependence upon something the size of a credit card that I tend to keep a closer eye on then my own children! Rosie saved the day by finding it for me at Target, and now that it is back my angst and disconnect have disappeared and I've all but forgotten my inner dialogue chastising my reliance on such a silly thing as a cell phone. I'm too busy texting to worry about it now anyway, lol.
TANGENT! SORRY! Back to the title. Our bad luck streak continued this morning when Aly took a tumble down the treacherous stairs that broke Kohen's wrist not so long ago. It took me a long time to get her settled down and though she would use her wrist she didn't want you putting pressure on it and so instead of waiting 3 days like we did with Kohen, I took Aly in. She fractured her left wrist, poor baby. Fortunately it is a teeny break and the Dr. said it was up to us whether or not we wanted to cast it because it shouldn't take very long to heal. So I passed, though now as she is still trying to keep up with her brother and sister she is crying a lot when she accidentally puts weight on it...I swear, we have been having such bad luck! I'm afraid to even drive!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I'm so sorry. I hope things turn around for you and your cute family soon.

Kristin said...

Erin I am so sorry!! Your lucky number has to be coming, right? I hope Aly bounces right back. Take it easy!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe it! I was beginning to think you had some Idaho curse, but now I am wondering what you have! I am so sorry. Curse those stairs!

lllllll