Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Baby Love

This post is just me pausing for a sentimental moment. Look how big my baby is. And cute. But don't be fooled by how serene she looks here- remember the camera shutter opens and closes in less than a second which is about as long as Aly sits still these days. Just in the last few weeks she has become a little busy-body getting into something new while I am literally cleaning up her last exploratory adventure. She has sampled the water from each of the four toilets in our home but seems to prefer the the basement bathroom blend the most...or maybe it's just that she can grab a cup from the play kitchen and sip at her leisure whilst I check her other hot spots looking for her but hardly wanting to know what I am going to find.
And when she has really gotten into some great mischief, like finding a stray crayon to color a wall with, she does this pleased-with-myself gallop as she makes her gettaway. I love that little gallop but I fear what has inspired it. So when I see it, I try to just enjoy it for a moment before going on the hunt for her latest ground zero.
Aly is talking up a storm. It might just be average but it is more than Kohen or Kennedy were talking at this age. When I was changing her diaper the other day she covered her eyes and started counting like for hide and go seek ; "un, tu, see, sor, sive, sicks, sebun, ate, nine, ten! elebun, welve, sir-teen, sor-teen, sifteen, sicks-teen..." I could not believe it!!! I only had to prompt her at nine and I thought for sure she was done at 'ten!' but then she got serious again and kept on with 'elebun...'. Oh, another favorite is that she calls Kenna 'Tenna' which is probably just cute to me but hey, this is my blog so deal ;) Anyway, I love this little Wild-Thing.

11 comments:

Heather said...

That gallop sounds SO familiar... I suppose her and Natalie would kick it in a truly scary way were they to cross paths:)

Sarah said...

That is such a great picture of the both of you. Aly really is getting big and what a smarty-pants...counting up to sicks-teen!

Sarah said...

That is such a great picture of the both of you. Aly really is getting big and what a smarty-pants...counting up to sicks-teen!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how much Aly has grown. She and Lyssa are going to be double trouble!

Great picture of both of you

Bonnie

Jessie said...

Glad it's not just Sienna getting into so much mischief!
She had started writing on the walls too. Gotta love that magic eraser! It's a life saver at my house.
She hasn't gotten in the toilets yet...thanks heavens!

Jessie said...

I mean THANK heavens!

Anonymous said...

oh. love BABY love. she is too adorable, of course. i still laugh that your kids don't sport the notorious erin wilcox hair though! how did that happen? :> isn't it scary how fast they become little grown ups? and she has great leaders to follow already. :> very cute picture of your 'serene moment'

Kim Davis said...

Aren't kids great? I can't believe the crazy/cute things they say and do! We have really enjoyed peeking at your blog. It looks like you guys are doing very well. Congratulations on a beautiful family!

Hannah said...

How funny about the toilets...probably a good motivation to keep them clean huh? And I love the description of her gallop. So cute! Good for you for enjoying the moment instead of just stressing over what you may find. You're a great mom!

Maybe we should have our girls count together!

Sheila said...

Aly really has her own look. I can see a little bit of both kids in her. What a cutie!

Hokie Family said...

Oh I feel your pain. Disaster clean-up is just another part of the job discription. Ben asks,"Where's the spatula?" I say, "Look under the coffee table." My kitchen utensils are everywhere. Oh the joys!

lllllll