Thursday, May 8, 2008

Kill Me Now!

The same afternoon that Nathan washed the cars, I went to get in the van to run an errand and as I walked around the back I stopped short when I saw this:



Wondering how dust had covered the van so quickly -and on a freshly washed car- no less, I leaned forward to get a closer look. It's not dust...It's pollen. Okay, that would explain why I have been literally dying of allergies lately. The car was covered in pollen from the time Nathan dried it off and pulled it into the garage! I am sniffin and snottin like nobody's business. I sometimes have sneeze attacks where I sneeze 20 plus times in a matter of a couple of minutes. If it happens when I am driving I have to pull over. I actually took a picture of myself after one of these sneeze attacks but I just couldn't bring myself to post it with my red and watery eyes and swollen nose. I've given up on wearing make-up because if I do it will only be a matter of minutes before I look like I just got kicked off the Bachelor- mascara all running down my face. I have all the medicine and I do Nasal Rinses which are usually totally helpful, but the last week or so...no luck. I guess it is the price we pay for living in such a beautiful, lush, green area...k, even that's not a good enough excuse. Needless to say, I am really looking forward to all of this rain in the forecast.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You crack me up! I too hate allergies, luckily they aren't as bad here. Medicines never work too well for me either, so I'm no help. Good luck :)

-Shayna

The Orchards said...

DUDE! I understand exactly what you are going thru. Unfortunately it's a part of my DAILY life. I fact people at work have just gotten to the point where they wait untill after my 6 to 10 sneeze to say anything. I'm always sneezing. Unfortunately I have at least 5 sneeze attacks a day - every day and have for many many years.

So believe me when I say - I UNDERSTAND!

Jessie said...

I thought you has a secret trick for allergies?
I went to the Dr. got some nasonex....it has made all the difference in the world! That with Claritin...try it!

Sheila said...

I hear ya! I broke down last year and got a Kenalog shot. Not recommended long term but if you get one every year - what a relief! It was worth every penny.

lllllll