Saturday, May 10, 2008

A Few Gems From Kennedy

My dear sweet Kennedy...like most 5 year olds she is very observant and lately she has had some real gems.

She and Kohen were playing with the soccer ball and Kennedy was getting seriously frustrated so she came to me to plead her case:

Kennedy: Mom! Kohen wants to play football with his feet- but you are supposed to play with your hands!
Me: Okay, well I can see why that would be frustrating for you because you want to play soccer. But did you know in other countries they call soccer, football? So in a way you guys are both right.
Kennedy: (pause) But we're not in THAT country. We're in THIS country!



Then I was wearing a brand new shirt from American Eagle yesterday. Kennedy was all excited about the movie we got for Friday Night Movie Night, Swiss Family Robinson (which she called 'Family Swiss Robinhood'...cute) when she stopped mid-sentence and asked what was on my shirt. I looked down wondering what kid had slopped on me and not seeing anything I asked her what she meant and she pointed to the bird thats kind of printed on the shirt. (above) Realizing now what she meant I told her I thought it was a picture of an Eagle. She looks at me doubtfully and says, "I think it's throw up from when Aly ate bananas."......So now no matter how I look at it, my new favoritest shirt is kind of tainted because I think she is right...it totally looks like a baby spit up on me. Out of the mouth of babes, right? Pun intended.

5 comments:

hf said...

Baby spit up, or bird droppings maybe? Still a cute shirt I think.

What's the face paint from?

Hannah said...

Don't you love how blunt children can be? Yesterday Erica was trying to "wipe off" my freckles with a napkin and was noticeably concerned when I told her they were stuck. I still think the shirt is cute!

Jessie said...

Your kids crack me up!
Cute shirt. At first I thought it was paint. Glad to hear it's just bird poo!

Heather said...

So funny, she sounds so cute, I can only imagine how her and Em would kick it together, speaking of which are you guys moving back yet? :)
My fav is to catch dad's at church with spit up all over thier suit shoulder... only good dad's deal.

Anonymous said...

totally laughing and staring at the picture till vioula i got it! out of the mouth of babes, got to love it!

lllllll