Friday, June 26, 2009

Aly's 3rd Birthday Party


When Kennedy was 3 we took her to Build-a-Bear. It pretty much blew her mind. So Nathan and I thought we would be crazy awesome parents and take Aly for her 3rd Birthday. Has anyone ever noticed that no 2 children are alike? Yeah, well we were reminded again just how true that is when Aly zoomed through Build-a-Bear generally unmoved. She did enjoy herself, had a fun time picking out the Unicorn and putting it together but nothing like we'd expected. I mean, geez, as a parent you still never know! Kennedy, on the other hand, has been pleased with Aly's indifference to her Birthday Unicorn, so it all works out I guess.
Aly's favorite book is called "Pinkalicious". It is an adorable book and one Aly likes to hear as much as possible, so our theme was Pinkalicious, and we got Aly a hardcover version of her own since the other one is getting pretty well worn. Kennedy and Kohen helped me with the party prep and Aly was very excited to wake up from her nap and discover her Pinkalicious Party. 
Probably could have forgone the Build-a-Bear had I realized the reaction Aly would have for a $2 'Picolote'- no lie, she entertained herself for at least 15 minutes playing it and then laughing her head off and then playing it some more. When we finally moved on she still kept pulling it out in the middle of unwrapping another present and totally distracting herself so we had to temporarily remove it. It was the hit of the night. I guess with her love of music her response shouldn't be a real shocker.
I found a glow in the dark wand at the dollar store and made Aly her own Pinkalicious wand that she had fun with too. I'm not gonna lie, I thought I was pretty smart with that little find.  Overall the birthday was a hit and we enjoyed celebrating our baby girl turning 3. Anyone who knows her loves her, she is quite the little girl.

1 comment:

Jessie said...

Seriously where have the last 3 yrs gone? Wasn't she just a newborn? Sienna would have loved her party!!!
So so cute!

lllllll