
Kohen had his first official day of K-A today which is great minus the fact that because of how far away our apartment is we all had to leave the house by 7am to get to school on time. If you know me well you know the only thing that get's me up early enough to be out the door by that time is a flight (preferably to somewhere I
want to go) or fire- so this morning is definitely blog worthy. Aly had orientation for her preschool too, hence the 'uniform', which is really just another way to nickel and dime you to death.

Tonight for FHE Nathan told the Bible story of Jonah and the Whale to the kids using one of Kohen's figurines, his pirate ship and a whale-ish looking box to tell the story. Our lesson was on obedience because heaven knows we could use a refresher on the subject. After, we went for a walk to a park several blocks away and played some red light/green light on the way as an obedience game. At one point Nathan asked Kohen to hold his hand as we approached a busy street, Kohen quickly snapped to and said in all seriousness, "I
don't want to be eaten by a whale." I guess that's what Kohen got out of the lesson, obey or be eaten by a whale.

This was one of the nicer parks we've been to. Many are so old and death trap looking. Several of them even have slides where the part you slide on is concrete...Chinese idea of fun??? But this park was newer and it was a nice night (and by nice I mean 90 degrees and not 100% humidity) so lot's of people were out. The girl sitting behind Kohen came right up to us and in the best English I've heard any Chinese child use said, "Hello, my name is LuLu!" and she just chatted us up from there- a really cute little girl. I also love how Kohen has no hesitation what so ever when it comes to playing with local kids. The fact that they can't usually understand him doesn't phase him a bit.

4 comments:
How does it feel to have all 3 of your kids in some kind of school?! Nice huh!! Love the pic with Kohen sandwiched between two kids . . CUTE!! ps. love your 9 month pregnancy picture, did you even grow from last month?! You are looking so good. :) love ya!
I love that Kohen is so friendly and doesn't mind not being able to communicate with the other kids. I'm just wondering though, are the kids required to learn the language in school?
Also, your 9 month picture is beautiful!
They do teach Mandarin in the school though I doubt it would be enough for them to become fluent or anything. I guess we'll see how that pans out :)
How come your kids are always so picture perfect? You need to stop doing the kids' hair and coordinating their clothes...so I feel a little better about my little rugrats. ;)
I can't imagine sliding down a 'concrete' slide. But at least it wasn't wooden for some nice splinters! Kinda weird, but glad you found a more modern park!!
Miss you guys!
Post a Comment