Friday, August 7, 2009

The Natives Are Restless


The natives are restless. Each day the walls of this apartment seem to close in a few inches more. There has been a lot of playing pretend and the children making good use of the very limited items they have to play with. But the playing often turns to tiffs and there is no where to get away from each other. Most recently we've had a rash of the children destroying things. I'm telling you, this typhoon's got nothin on my kids.
I know it was accidental but still, who sleeps with Silly Putty not in it's container?! Kohen does. He woke me in the middle of the night to show me how his Silly Putty had brutally attacked his eye mask as he slumbered. It also strategically spread itself on the blanket he was sleeping on, the one he was covering with, and his pajama shirt. All ruined. It's the seedy under side of Silly Putty I tell ya- if it gets ground into something, it ain't comin out. Before it was all said and done one of my few clothing items, a skirt, was somehow also ruined. :(
Then this morning the kids were playing and it was kind of escalating into wildness quickly when we heard a large crash. The closet door in Kenna and Kohen's room had quite literally been ripped off the hinges. There are of course conflicting reports on exactly how the door was maimed but it sounds like some sort of football type tackle move against it... it is an old door and hinge but still- what's a good consequence for that?
And last but not least we have Kenna sporting her un-puttied eye mask as she attempts to go to sleep with gale force winds whipping around right outside the window. You may notice her bunny tucked into it's sleeping bag next to Kenna, all 3 children got one as a present when we moved into the apartment for their respective stuffed animals. It's been a big hit to have someplace temporary for their treasured animals to sleep just as they are somewhere temporary... anyway, I hope there is something left of this apartment when we leave. It is old and not up to the rigors of 3 caged children.

6 comments:

hf said...

We've had some gale force winds ourselves lately, but I'm sure it's nothing compared to your typhoon.

How many days left in the apartment? You should make a paper chain ;)

Big R said...

It is so good that u are blogging your adventures.... someday all will be treasured memories. LOve ya

Big R said...

that was from Debbie

Ky"sa" said...

I've had a few typhoons myself! I've been watching Lindsay's kids going on my 6th day straight. AGH!!! You should of seen the looks I got from people watching me manage 7 kids on my own at the park. One lady kept telling me that Raegan (20 months old) was dehydrated, then again . . oh she's DEhydrated . . . then again OOHHH SHE'S REALLY DEHydrated!! I wanted to smack her! She was just hot & I was getting her water LADY!! So I said in my passive sarcastic voice without looking at her, "Thank you so much for your help." And walked away. I was soooo frustrated the next half hour and Rylee kept saying, "mom this will pass it's okay." Anyways it's been crazy. I feel for you and miss you. ;) Hang in there.

Heather said...

We are counting down the days in our apartment too... wondering what a can of paint can possibly cover! Just kiss that deposit goodbye like we do when we move in :) Good Luck!

Big R said...

I think the reality of how far away you are has finally sunk in. As Debbie said (using my alias) keep blogging your adventures, someday all will be treasured memories. Until that someday, what we see in your blog reminds us today of what a treasured part of our lives you are.

lllllll