This Saturday Nathan took Kennedy to a Princess Ball at the American Club. Kennedy was beside herself excited to go. When Aly would ask throughout the day if she got to go to the ball too, Kennedy would gently remind her that her turn would be another night because tonight Dad was taking just her. As most daughters know, one on one time with Dad can be hard to come by and is quite special.

Kennedy was excited enough that she let me spend and hour doing her hair. When someone at the ball complimented her hair and asked how long it took she replied, "
a movie." lol, true! but that included a break for feeding the babe and also wrangling other children all the while. Doing hair is a hobby of mine and this was particularly fun, though my right hand actually ached by the time I was done. Out of practice I guess.

I thought I was so clever. I found a couple of left over crystals from another project and we superglued them to Kenna's ears. It worked perfectly. They stayed on about 24hrs.

I loaned Kennedy my Handsome Prince for the night- and really I have to be fair and say Nathan surprised me at just how excited
he was to take Kennedy. He had done all of the planning and could hardly wait to see her reaction. The anticipation was killing
both of them.

These neglected ragamuffins were full of all sorts of well wishes as they saw their sister off to the ball and bid them a fond farewell...... Though I have a feeling they were eager to see her off because they could hardly wait to pounce on Big Sis's off limits toys.

Nathan nearly lost the privilege to take Kennedy when at ^ this moment he turned to me quite seriously and said, "She really can't sit in the front?" I mean, I know it's a date and all but are you kidding me?! Had he not driven in Taiwan before?! Don't worry, they departed with Kennedy safely seated in the back.

I received regular texts from Nathan throughout the night. Kennedy was in
heaven. The ACC had really gone all out and Nathan was having so much fun watching Kennedy experience everything.

She loved it all from the music (Hannah Montana themed) and fancy table settings to her first Shirley Temple- which she guzzled down in a wonderfully un-princess like way :)

Meanwhile, back at the ranch... I came upon this photo op of Kohen sharing his book with Ander. Kohen was sweet all night. He'd had the idea to make cookies for Kennedy while she was away so she would know we missed her and be surprised. Somehow we managed to eat dinner, make cookies, eat some, and the younger 3 still made it to bed on time. For the record: I was exhausted.

All the while at the ball Kennedy was delighted to have as many desserts as she wanted (I think I counted at least 4 when she told me about her night) and danced the night away in her daddy's arms.......
......aaand the arm's of strangers when she was introduced to "The Train"- which apparently she is a huge fan of and couldn't get enough. (she is hiding in the middle of the above pic, but she is there)

I know it's a lot of pictures but nights such as this are rare for little girls and I want Kennedy to be able to remember just how much fun she had at her first Ball.
18 comments:
This is just absolutely adorable. What a fun night. The hair looks amazing - it brought back the memories of you braiding my hair in seminary. But I think I only ever got two french braids, you were holding out on me! Seriously, a talent. Anyway...fun post.
I love it. Looks like so much fun!
Looks like fun! Cute pictures:)
First of all, her hair is incredible! It looks beautiful. I loved getting to see what both parts of your family were doing that night. I can't wait to see what trouble Kohen and Ander get into when he's a little older.
such a cute post. I love her hair!!!
Do not apologize for too many pictures. The more the better! What a fancy daddy daughter night. I'm jealous!
Wow Erin love the hair! What a sweet night that she will never forget!
Sister. How much fun for Kenna! I know we would have loved something like that. Those twists in her hair are SO cool! Where'd you learn how to do that? That pic of Ander & Kohen reading.....TO die for.
P.S. OF COURSE she loved the party train, she's her auntie's neice ;)
xoxo
Wow--this is AWESOME!!!
Great job on her hair!
Mike
Ander is looking sooo big! You really should consider making money off of doing up-dos out of your house, you are very talented!
Her hair! Seriously - lucky to have such a talented mom!
And I'm jealous of another thing - your younger children just waving goodbye? Mine are in tears if another gets to have a play date! This would have been torture!! Maybe it's because I've got two girls in a row?
Kohen is such a sweet big brother...and Ander! He is looks so BIG there! Such a cute boy.
What a fun night, it's fun to see Nathan just as excited as Kenna.
I love your post. Kenna's hair is fabulous! Looks like a fun night at the ball and at home. :)
That is such a great idea- what a sweet memory! (and kudos for you mom, who make it happen with the fancy hair and the picture taking... with all that - it will never be forgotten:)
How fun! What a special night for the both of them. :)
Wow!!! What a fun night. What a fun tradition. I loved seeing all the pictures. She looked like she was on cloud 9. Also what a sweet bother Kohen is. I hope my children some day are that sweet to eachother.
I love this whole thing--Kennedy LOOKS like she's in heaven. And, goodness, her hair is incredible! Can I hire you?
wow that hair is a masterpiece! This is an experience Kennedy will always cherish and thanks to your photos, remember! Love the picture of Ander and Kohen reading together. great post!
ADORABLE!! I enjoy all the pictures of the whole family, what memories you two are building with your childern. Thanks for sharing. Gramdma N
Post a Comment