You know, as Editor-in-Chief of a Blog I have been thinking a lot lately about how you can really edit your life to look however you want it to. Specifically, as good as humanly possible. Real control freaks probably derive a lot of pleasure from such a thing. It of course does nothing for me. *hand to chest, humbly fluttering my eyelashes*
I mean, it's not like this is a place where I am going to air our dirty laundry but does that mean readers assume we don't have any? I don't know. Editing is an essential part of any story and when there are 86,400 seconds in a day and I'm sharing maybe 4 of them, one would have to realize you aren't seeing everything. More accurately, you're hardly seeing anything.
How cute. Can I get a collective "aaawwwww!"???
I might've left it at that and you never would've known the reality:
Funny little thing, that "reality" these days. Be it TV or Blogs or whatever... just a thought.



7 comments:
Reality blogging? I'm not ready for that. :)
That is hilarious. I love it. I will keep blogging about my perfect life, thank you :)
You crack me up. Is Nathan really still sleeping in those last 2 pictures?
Rachel
I tend to write the things that I want to remember. Some people really put it all out there - and I just can't. Some things are too private, some things hurt too much, and some things I just don't want to share.
However, every now and then I share a video of kids whining and crying...I think it's a good balance.
Love the gigantic needle. I love how your kids play!
Rosie- What? Your not ready to see my kids screaming and fighting all of the time?! Yeah, me either.
Rachel- He wasn't sleeping, just pretending since he was a patient but you'd think he coulda stepped in seeing as he was right there, right? :)
H- I'm with you, I preserve the good memories with an occasional difficult one but my point I guess was that just cuz I don't show it all do people think we don't have any? Or do they realize we just aren't sharing em?
Funny you should bring this up... Cody was just saying last night how much he likes your blog because it is real. Oh, and because you are hilarious, but we all already knew that.
LOVE IT!
Post a Comment