Once upon a time there were 3 little children waiting anxiously to go down stairs and see their loot on Christmas morning.
Santa had given what she wanted to her sister and left her this crummy ol' baby doll instead.
All she wanted was her sisters gift.
Pretty soon little Aly's brother was bounding down the stairs and attacking his blow up punch thingy that Santa had wisely thought to give him to whack in lieu of his sisters.
It didn't last the day.
(Apparently Kohen really does have super human strength. Or super enough to be stronger than cheap vinyl anyway.)
Finally it was Aly's big sisters turn. Kennedy rushed down the stairs to find Santa had left just what she'd asked for and the coveted gift was in the rightful owners arms.
At least sometimes Santa gets it right.
Eventually little Aly warmed up slightly above freezing, to her doll. Her sincere smile proves it.
Editor's Note: No children's Christmas hopes and dreams were completely and irreparably broken in the making of this story. Luckily little Aly had some thoughtful Grandmas who each gave her something she loved...What does Santa know anyway?




4 comments:
Love the way you tell the story! Just catching up - your Thailand vaca looks AWESOME! The beach looks amazing. Glad you're taking advantage of your location! We had a REAL blizzard in Omaha for Xmas. I'll trade you! Also, Ander is Nathan's identical twin.
~Rachel
Oh that disappointed face is just the best isn't it! I just love it when I work so hard on their gifts and you still get it...glad she warmed up to her awesome doll and stroller though...did you guys stay there or go to Idaho?
Well - really, who would have thought? I mean what little girl doesn't love a baby doll? Who would have known?:)
I LOVE the blow up boxing idea! Nick would be all over that. He could practice his Ninja moves on it and leave the rest of us safe and sound...might be going to King's tommorow...
Too funny! I am glad it worked out for everyone in the end :)
Post a Comment