On New Years Day we decided to go downtown and explore the Cheng Kai Shek Memorial. Turns out about a million other locals decided to do the same.

Signs and symptoms Kennedy is being influenced by her surroundings, check out her hands^...

Nathan should've gotten a picture of the crowd that stopped to stare while we tried to get this picture of Ander and I. *papa-paparazzi*

We had no idea this would be happening but they were giving out these packets with cool brushes and paper to write out your New Years wishes of luck on your auspicious red paper. We sat down with hundreds of others and got to work. A nice guy who said he is an art teacher at a school stopped and offered to help Kohen with his, the people here are really friendly and helpful, I'm grateful for that.

Aly was all about this, she loves to paint be it "chinese characters" or something more impressionistic, she just wants free reign with that brush.

After Nathan helped Kenna with one he asked a local to write the characters for Happy New Year on a small piece of paper for her and she worked on her own off of that. I'm no expert but I thought it looked pretty darn good.

It was so neat to look around at some of the people who were actually
good at painting characters, it is absolutely an art.

We really couldn't believe we just stumbled into the Memorial when there was such a fun gathering going on. I mean, it was pretty awesome to look out at the hundreds of Chinese people all painting their New Years wishes of good luck together and to be a part of that? Now
that's a memory.

Happy New Year everyone.
8 comments:
That is so cool! What a great experience. I don't know how you manage in a crowd, but Eric would have turned around and left ... maybe. Nice job kids!
Sounds like such a fun day! So, I'm not understanding the "paparazzi" part. Are they taking pics of you guys cuz you're Americans, or because you have so many kids and they aren't used to that? Either way it's creepy.
Fun Fun Fun. I remember times similar to these. Good for you guys. Neat experiences.
Shayna, they always swarm the children but ESPECIALLY the baby, so it was definitely him who was attracting attention that day. The fact that we have four also seems to blow peoples minds so the combination causes attention, especially where there are crowds.
Amazing! We love reading all about your adventures. Happy New Year!
Sister you are a vision in red! No wonder there were so many people staring!
I LOVE stumbling onto things like this. That is SO cool. And yes, Ander is adorable and you are looking quite fabulous :)
holy crowd! I did not realize how big the crowd was until the last picture. Does it stress you out or you getting used to it?
Post a Comment