Saturday, August 11, 2007

A Bust


My parents went up to a time share that my dad has access to through Winco last week. They called the next day and said that it was this beautiful new house and I had to come up. So I stopped folding all of the laundry from our last camp trip and packed it back up. The next morning I loaded us all up by myself and headed for McCall. I've got all three car seats smooshed in the back seat and the children seem extra close to my ears sometimes but otherwise our drive up was great. The house was amazing. The yard was fun too. There was a no fire order out because of all of the forest fires and so Papa John helped the kids make smores on the bbq. The other funny thing was that the kids had peanuts they were setting out on the rocks for the squirrels to eat and I found Kennedy sitting out there with a chair pulled up staring at the tree waiting for that darn squirrel to eat the nuts. It never failed, as soon as she would walk away and come back the peanuts would be gone!
The problem came when no one was sleeping properly or napping. The next day I got fed up and packed everyone up and drove back home! Here are just two things the kids were melting down over for your reading enjoyment: I am getting ready and start pulling my hair up into a ponytail and Kennedy starts bawling saying "I don't like your hair up like thaaaaat! I like it the other waaaaaay!" What other way? I only have one way!! Then in the car on the way home I was listening to Simon and Garfunkel and out of no where Kohen starts crying and eventually screaming "I don't like dis song! I don't like dis song!" Eventually the song changed but his mood didn't. My kids seemed beyond help as you can tell. I think I made the right choice to get home and get them back on a schedule. It must've worked because my hair is in a ponytail and I am sitting here listening to S&G and no one is crying...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Erin - I absolutely love that picture of Kennedy waiting patiently. She is adorable. For goodness sakes people...she just wants to see the squirrel (and FYI its is wierd to spell squirrel, but I spell checked it and everything, and that really is the right way to spell it). Thanks again Erin for doing this blog all the time.... Love Nathan

lllllll