



My little sister Ashley is getting married up at the Tamarack ski resort about an hour and a half north of Boise. So Ashley, my mom, my sister Natalie and Shayn's mother Carmen and her best friend Cathy all drove up together to tour the resort and see the resort and the different places we can stay. We had a nice visit on the way up and got to hear some funny stories about Shayn when he was a boy. I had never been up to Tamarack before and I cannot believe how beautiful it is. After lunch we got complimentary lift tickets and we all rode the 25 min. round trip. The view was spectacular!!! The second picture is of the construction still going on at the resort which shows just how far up the mountain we went. It was a beautiful day but the further up we went the chillier it got until it was down right
cold! Poor Natalie was wearing a sundress and was freezing. So I had to get a picture of her leg which she said looked like a freshly plucked chicken...can't argue with that. We started our journey home and at this point in the trip I feel like we had probably been making a fine impression on Carmen and Cathy and that the day had gone well. I don't know what happened. I guess it has been over a year since my mom, sisters and I have had the chance to just sit and visit. Slowly we started slipping into our usual ways that we typically try to keep under wraps in public. We were laughing and talking fast and over each other (we have been described as a bunch of hens when we get like this) and unless you are one of us the chances of you keeping up and/or finding our conversation entertaining are slim. At the time I didn't think about it. I had missed my nap and had some soda to stay awake for the ride home so that is my official disclaimer. Afterwards each of us started worrying that we had probably scared off Ashley's M.I.L.-to-be or at least given her cause to have a serious talk with her son. But as far as I know the wedding is still on so maybe Carmen will just block out that last hour or so! We had such a fun time with them and getting to spend time with everyone, it was a really fun girls day out. And while I am at it I should give a quick shout out to Trevi, Tara and Kysa for each taking one of my children for the entire day so I could go- THANK YOU!!!!!
1 comment:
I absolutly love Tamarack! It really is beautiful out there, did you see the mountain bike ramps on your way up the mountain? Jonathan and I rode that thing over and over because we just wanted to see someone go down it! I have to say, I think all families (with lots of girls in it) have their own language that no one else understands or gets. I think it's Great! Glad you had such a great time!
Post a Comment