
I know there is some saying about how mother's have 'full hearts' but tonight all I had was a full lap. Full of sick kids. Kohen and Aly especially have not been feeling well and that makes for fussy, uncooperative, clingy kids. Poor Aly has a fever that is still over 100 even after Tylenol. Needless to say she won't let me put her down. My sister caught this shot after they had all piled on to watch gymnastics with me. Later, in a fabulous 'mom moment' I gave Kohen a bloody nose when I opened his door to take him potty after he had been calling me from his bed. Or I thought he was in his bed...not so much. More like right behind the door. Yeah. In my defense he gets nose bleeds fairly easily. It's TRUE! Thankfully every one is sleeping now...but not my favorite day.
5 comments:
I am so sorry you are all sick! We are sick on our vacation too. I found the cure is always ice cream and a movie(for me, not baby)!
Erin, have I mentioned lately that I love your blog? You describe situations so well that when similar things happen to me your phrases just pop into my head and suddenly make complete sense. ("Sunday Hangover" comes to mind)
That's a great picture! We may be visiting D.C. in October...I hope to see you?!
-Shayna
Erin, you take your not so favorite days so WELL!! I'm always so impressed with how you always look so beautiful and darling and totally TOGETHER. I aspire to be you. I have only ONE and I'm a complete basket case.
I hope the kids feel better soon!
Sick kids make for a bad day, but remember that these are the days that they will look back and think of how much they love their mother.
Post a Comment