Sunday, August 19, 2007

Oh please...



Kennedy kicked off our preparations for my father-in-laws surprise 60th Birthday party with tears as I did her hair. I was so irritated. I have been doing her hair since before she could even walk and she chooses today to throw a fit, bless her heart...or spank her bum.


I called Ashley and asked her if she would come do my hair because I can never get it to do anything but lay there like it is magnetized to my head. She promptly came right over and got busy ratting my hair to try and give it some body. She did admit that my hair tries to defy ratting but then cracked me up by saying, "You know what my answer is for that? MORE RATTING!" It took a bit of time but she did make it work. Of course we couldn't have even a few minutes of privacy to get ready. No, no we must always have company. You have to look hard but they are all three there with us...

This picture looks like all is well but I am such a liar. Inside I was thinking how I love Norm but I wasn't sure my day of power struggles and crabby kids had been worth it. The look of complete shock on his face at the party did help some. The 'Farewell to the Fifties' Sock Hop themed party turned out great. Here are a few shots from earlier when we decorated. Happy 60th Norm!






1 comment:

Sarah said...

You gotta love sisters! You look great!

lllllll