


The Western Idaho Fair happens every year in August. The combination of people watching, petting zoo, and expensive greasy food continues to lure me in every year. It is never until I am elbow deep into helping my children feed some sad looking goat that I remember: I don't, in fact , want mad-cow disease- the food
always smells better than it tastes- and the Carnies' give me the creeps. But somehow I still can't escape the lure of the fair. I fear it is some hick-gene that all Idahoan's are born with that attracts me to such activities...if that's the case then why fight it, right? This year we jumped right in viewing all of the blue ribbon cows and pigs and Kohen could hardly contain his excitement at being so close to the animals (further proving my hick-gene theory) and then we went over to the petting area and let the kids risk their immune systems by feeding the animals. Kohen was willing to try milking a cow once we explained that no, the cow wasn't peeing. Not a bad guess from a 3 year olds perspective. Milking the cow turned out to be the highlight of the night for both Kennedy and Kohen, even beating out our usual finale of one ride on the Carousel. Though it was $9 bucks for the 3 of us to ride, I was generously reminded my stomach doesn't do spinning anymore, for free. After bathing the children in anti-bacterial we headed home. There really is something magical about the fair. Mostly the part where I magically won't remember any of this by next year when I will likely do it all over again.
5 comments:
I'm so sad I missed it! My mom & sister paid $1.00 to see a 1,000 pound pig so the hick-gene theory is sounding like scientific fact at this point.
So fun! I showed Carter the pictures of Kennedy and Cohen milking the cow- he thought it was so cool. Gotto love the fair!
idaho "hick-gene" theory proven! i too have this crazy love of the fair. i mean love it!! this year was the first year i missed the orange county fair and i was pretty distraught. it amazes me how much i love going to that stinky place, but i do!!
Erin, that part about Kohen being ok with milking the cow after being reassured that it wasn't peeing is hilarious. I have been laughing about it all day!
Nathan says: I asked Kennedy if she drank the milk after and she didnt seem to think that was even an option...so perhaps she is still thinking there is some pee connection somewhere.... Great Blog Erin!!
Post a Comment