Saturday, November 24, 2007

Black Friday Steal

Nathan gets the best deal of the day award for this screaming deal which was so good I'm gonna have to say it was more of a steal. He got up Friday morning and was at Best Buy to try and get a monitor for our desk so we could use that rather than the laptop we have heretofore been using. So he rushes in the store and gets to the screen he saw in the add and it turns out it is not on sale after all. Mildly irritated he asks an employee about another monitor "What are the connection options for this monitor?" and the guy looks blankly at Nathan and says (in a real dopey voice) "It's $75 dollars." Uh, huh. Big help. Then some saintly customer tells Nathan that there is a monitor around the corner for a great deal. Nathan rushes over and there was 22inch monitor regularly $300 on sale for $75. Nathan grabs one and heads for the register. Of course the guy rings it up and it says it is $199. The kid calls over a superior and the lady says- "That sign was a misprint, we just fixed it so key it in for $75 for him but that is the last person who gets it for that." WHAT!?! We still can't believe it. We got a $300 monitor for $75. That is worth getting out of bed for, especially since I wasn't the one who had to.

2 comments:

shellydinger said...

That is amazing! How lucky to have someone in your family with the bargain gene. (I'm also glad I'm not the only one with my Christmas tree up already)

Sheila said...

Oh boy! Best Buy! That is where we were on Black Friday. I'll be sure to blog our wonderful experience!

lllllll