
So they didn't lie. I'm impressed. When Nathan and I were looking to build a Van Metre townhouse in our neighborhood they tried to sell us this one townhouse that a couple had built that was totally pimped out and then the couple decided to get divorced and so they were backing out of the house. So of course the Van Metre people are itching to move this townhouse. One of their selling points was that they were going to build a 'Tot Lot' right across from it. Fast forward two years, we now live 4 houses down and when Van Metre tossed up another row of townhouses where this supposed Tot Lot was going to be, I got cynical. "They
totally lied to us trying to dump that one townhouse on us! Remember the one Honey?" I probably brought this up a half dozen times since we moved in. If I am being honest it had more to do with me being bummed that there wasn't a park a couple houses down.

Anyway, a couple of weeks ago I notice some trucks and workers doing something over there behind the townhouses where our road dead-ends. So the kids and I decided to go check the last peanuts we left for the squirrels over there about a month ago and it was such a fun surprise to see them discover this new playground! They had a million questions about when "Bob the builder" (aka: any construction worker) had come and built a park. (please note Kohen's outfit: Cowboy hat, Spiderman dress up, belt to hold his sword which has been duct taped several times, and his new 3 sizes too big galoshes/fireman boots...)

Then on Saturday Nathan was home and the 3 pools we have access to opened up. It was a balmy 70 degrees with a nice cool breeze but no amount of convincing was keeping the kidlings from going to the pool.

It was cold. Kennedy was bummed cuz she really wanted to practice diving down but it was just
too cold. We went over to the kiddie pool and since it was the first day and we were the only ones in there I felt fairly certain that the urine to water ratio was probably still in our favor. Check out Kohen behind Aly below...that is not what I would look like if I had to submerge myself into chilly water. But alas, Kohen is an optimist like his father.

Nathan was a good sport to get in with the kids but I thought it was really funny when they were playing Ring Around The Rosie and no one, not even Kohen, was willing to fall down at the end.
Two randoms:
I was getting the kids all ready for bed the other night, Kohen got frustrated and shouted at me and I quickly skimmed through my archives-of-scoldings-past and pulled out a classic from my younger years. I came back with a solid, "Hey, that's disrespectful to talk to me in that voice. You can tell me what you need to in a different voice but not that one. Not in this house." (Not in this house? I don't know, it just sorta came out! Don't judge until you've been without husband/Dad help for several weeks!) So Kohen, who generally doesn't get too worked up about stuff thinks about what I said and comes back with, "Fine! Then I'll just go back to our old house!"
Another time the kids were playing and Kennedy comes and tells me, "Mom, we need to have a few more kids before we can really play Cinderella." I've heard a lot of reasons to expand ones family, but this one was new :)
8 comments:
Back to our old house? That is a good one. I hope you are able to find time to write this stuff down. It is so great. Thanks for sharing with all of us. Love Aunt Cindy
Kids are famous for throwing me off when I least expect it. Abigial told me we need to have more kids and Jonny wants me to have another baby. They get creative with their approach. Too cute!!! How fun to have a play ground and pool access. It breaks up the hot summer days!~
Oh my gosh I am still laughing at their comments! They are so funny.
You were brave to go to the pool Saturday it was really COOOOLD.
Did you go yesterday. I am sure it was much better.
Erin-
You are a blogging diva! Thanks for your help! I'm excited you are moving closer. Hope time flies by until Nathan gets back.
Heather
Erin,
And exactly what role would Kennedy be playing in THIS house if you had more children? TOO FUNNY! Where did you find your cute wallpaper?
I found it at Pyzam.com - super easy site to use. :)
Erin- your new blog looks great! Savannah said she wanted me to have another baby... "but it would have to be a boy because another girl would be too BORING"... Glad to hear you will be moving to the west coast!
Okay, I love the lines from Kohen and Kennedy...hysterical! And I love that they wouldn't fall down playing ring around the rosie. My nieces and nephews did the same thing in paris because the street was dirty...
Post a Comment