Thursday, August 6, 2009

We've Complied


We've complied, swim caps for all. It is so funny to see my kids lookin like serious swimmers with the caps on. We've been swimming a couple of times at the apartment pool- I guess I said "we've" but truth be told I just sat in the heat and watched because swim lessons were going on and we were already a bit of a spectacle and there was no way I was getting in the pool with all those parents gawking. Nevertheless, Nathan and the kids have had some pretty fun times.

Our traditional "chuck the kid" picture- though these are a little blurry. Poor Kohen, waistband on his shorts seems to be failing him.
Aly was not a fan of the "chuck".... too bad. Family tradition, all must participate- just like Festivus and the feats of strength, no one gets out of the pool till they've been chucked!

Kennedy's a pro by now- had some cool shots of her mid-air acrobatics.

We had Kennedy's interview at TAS (Taiwan American School) which went well- they were very complimentary with how Kennedy tested, especially her reading skills, which always makes a parent glow. Kenna is asking all the time when she gets to really start school. (end of next week)
After the interview we had an appointment to go up and show the kids our house-to-be. The German family that has been living there has been so gracious to us. Angelica came out to greet us and showed us around and let the kids explore to their hearts content... which didn't turn out to be that long since she has a dog that they were totally distracted by. We are scheduled to be able to move in Sept. 1, for those of you keeping track that is exactly 2 weeks before my due date... At least I will be distracted, right?
I also went in to the hospital to see the OB who will be delivering Baby #4- the appointment went fine though somehow I left in a blue mood about delivering here. But reading my Maternal Handbook from their office did make me smile. I found Nausea spelled with a W- Wausea, and an H- Hausea...*giggle* And my favorite part: "The Mouse Cavity Hygiene"- where it tells me to, "Avoid feeling sick or vomiting." Will do! And, "Do the mouse cavity checkups during the early and middle pregnancy." I don't know about you but I always worry about my "mouse" and it's hygiene when pregnant.
Coming soon*: our first Typhoon!
*as long as there aren't any lengthy power outages.

8 comments:

Brossettelewis said...

Avoid feeling sick or vomiting...you can avoid that?

Mouse cavity? I'm just going to leave it alone but I wish you a boring & routine delivery. :)

Sarah said...

Kennedy looks like a little gymnast!

Seriously, good luck with baby #4. I'm sure you have nothing to worry about as far as their ability to deliver a healthy and happy baby. Their spelling skills . . . that's another story. It's crazy to me that no one over there uses spell check.

Heather said...

"chuck the kid"'s tradition here too.

Bonnie said...

It is great that you can find things to giggle about even if it is nausea, or was that wausea? I am not surprised that the school is impressed with Kennedy's reading skills, she reads extremely well for just going into first grade. I am not prejudiced!

Tara Pugmire said...

Ok Erin you have to find out if wearing the swimming caps will help my girls hair from turning green. If so I think the tradition will spread. Laynie wants to wear one after seeing Kennedy's styling one. Really please let me know what a "mouse cavity" is!

Ky"sa" said...

Oh I was so hoping I was going to get a picture of you in a swim cap. lol! And . . . what is a mouse cavity or do I want to know?!! Love the pic with Kohen's swim shorts falling down. :)

Anonymous said...

Wow!

Trevi

ej said...

Your "mouse" cavity = your mouth cavity

lllllll