Friday, January 1, 2010

Holiday Overload

Christmas Eve Day
Somehow the projects the kids were making each other got pushed into Christmas Eve Day which was not how that was supposed to go down. Nevertheless they all enjoyed doing their surprise gifts for one another. Aly painted this Car Bank for Kohen. I took a picture of the aftermath- take a look at her hand and imagine her belly, legs and arms similarly adorned.
Kennedy had drawn several "Kobot" pictures she worked from when painting her Kobot on canvas for Kohen. She took her work very seriously and it showed.
My favorite part is the rocket booster feet and the Chinese Characters she drew on the body. I didn't get a picture of Kohen making his projects with Nathan for the girls but he covered magnetic boards with fabric for his sisters rooms.
Christmas Eve we were invited with our friends the Robinsons to the Chiles house. Carrie had prepared a delicious Christmas Feast and we really enjoyed the company. The kids all did a nativity, Kennedy was Mary, Kohen a Shepherd, Aly a Wise Man and Ander was Baby Jesus. Kohen cracked us up trying to keep his lone sheep (Koda the dog) under control.

Festivus 2009
Festivus 2009 was a hit. If you don't know what Festivus is, then why are we friends? I jest. You can look it up on Wikipedia to learn more about it but basically a Seinfeld episode shows how George's father made up this holiday. It's quirky and that suits us well. We had the annual "Airing of Grievances" displayed through Dioramas, we had even more than the ones shown in the slide show, and everyone did awesome. We had mental "Feats of Strength" in a quiz and there were lot's of prizes and really good food and the symbol of Festivus, The Aluminum Pole. Nathan and I moved the tv downstairs so we could all watch the episode together. BAGELS NO! FESTIVUS YES!!!!!

4 comments:

shellydinger said...

Festivus 2009?! That is the greatest tradition I have heard of. The displays looked hilarious (but I'm sure that they would be a lot funnier if I was over there). James said "What the heck is Festivus?" We are currently searching for the episode. How could he not know?

hf said...

Festivus for the rest of us! Nice job carrying on the tradition with new friends far away from home.

The Crowley's said...

if it makes you feel better, Michael saw the picture of the car and said "mom I want THAT car" I guess ally makes good gifts even if it is on Christmas Eve

Kay said...

Have I told ou I love your bog and blog stalk you. Fun memories

lllllll