Friday, June 22, 2007
Bookworm
One of my favorite escapes in life is to read. For me there is really nothing quite like it. I have this image of myself sitting on a cozy couch engrossed in a book while some natural disaster is occurring around me and as the building starts to go I am completely oblivious, still turning pages. Kind of a weird daydream...hmmm...I should get out more...But back to books. It is summer and I am low on recommended books and that is a cryin' shame as far as I am concerned. So here is a call to all of my dear family and friends- any suggestions? I would love for any of you to share a favorite book, series or even a list of your favorites. I like a page turner in any genre so don't be shy. And if by some miracle I don't like a suggested book, don't worry, I swear I won't do a blog about it! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
A Book? What's that?
Erin,
two good books bonnie and i have read in the last month. "The Kite Runner" and "The Life of PI" Great books loved them both. Great discussion books when you are done. Love ya tara
Oh if you haven't already, I second "The Kite Runner". It's is an incredible story. Also, "Expecting Adam" by Martha Beck (she's crazy, former Mormon, but her book is really good, about her experience when she was pregnant with her son who was born with Down's Syndrome, couldn't put it down and seriously cried so many times...) That's all I can think of right now and seriously wish I had more time to read! If you hear of any other good ones, let me know... Talk soon!
Oh and I'm a sucker for Nicholas Sparks... (The Notebook, etc.) he has a sequel to "The Notebook" called "The Wedding". It's about Noah and Allie's kids... super good!
Okay, I am not a serious reader and really didn't like to read until a little while ago. However, Kenley gave me a book two weeks ago and I loved it! It's called Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card. I am so not a science fiction lover so it was a little surprising to me how much I loved this book. It's a really quick read and so worth it! Check it out!
I say any Jane Austen! I could read her over and over again. Another favorite is Steinbeck's "East of Eden" I fell in love with reading after this book! Happy Reading :) Oh ya, I loved "The Life of Pi" too!
Post a Comment