


H. and I were upstairs enjoying some peace and quiet (that's about all the foreshadowing your gonna get) as we got some snacks ready for the kids while Eric kept an eye on them while they played downstairs. Or at least he started out with his eyes on them until they must have gotten too heavy and he fell asleep. The kids who had been riding bikes in the garage started getting creative. They found the pop-up crib and assembled it enough to climb in and out. Then they discovered the newly purchased bottled water and emptied several bottles all over the floor (notice their wet pants), and then they used sidewalk chalk to display their art work all over the floors and on any unlucky item that happened to be in their way. Eventually H. and I's 'mom-alarm' went off due to the lack of noise and we went downstairs to investigate. We found a soundly sleeping Eric and 4 kids taking over the garage. We promptly put the kids in time out and then tried not to laugh as they stood there unrepentant, remaining proud of their handiwork. Eric was funny joking about how it was 'easy' to babysit so many kids and we could 'babysit' too anytime we wanted...just lay down and close our eyes!
3 comments:
I was going to do a post about this - you beat me to it! I loved the way the kids all stood against the wall almost voluntarily because they knew they were in 'trouble'.
I love how Kohen and Maile are each pulling at their hynies- did you notice that?...those two... :)
Ahhh...nothing better than sidewalk chalk and water. The kids got that all over Ryan's newly sealed fence. He was not happy!
Post a Comment