Friday, June 29, 2007

New Running Shoes



I was at Target today trying desperately to find Kennedy a pair of shoes that would fit her and the cute shoes have been out of stock in her size for a month now. I decided she couldn't wait any longer. I pulled down the little running shoes they have for $9.99 and put them on her. The obvious draw back is that they have laces, not Velcro but desperate times call for desperate measures. So I say, 'Great. They fit let's get 'em.' And I throw her and the shoes in the cart to move along and she says excitedly, 'You mean I can have them? I can have shoes for running just like dad?!' Having no idea she would be excited about this I spent the next half hour listening to Kennedy chatter about how she was gonna go running with her dad...she can run fast like her dad...she loves to exercise...and on and on. I thought it was cute but that her exuberance would fade with the day- but no. As soon as Nathan walked in the door she proudly showed him her shoes and announced that after dinner they would be going running. I guess Kenna's excitement was contagious because pretty soon Kohen had his shoes on and was ready to go too. Nathan took them 'running' which meant a 5 second sprint that tapered off into a gentle stroll around the block. I guess the kids take after me.

3 comments:

Peter and Jen Bell said...

Love this entry! Obviously! Maybe Kennedy can be my new running partner, the position is available.

shellydinger said...

Such a sweet story, and I think Kennedy's hair is awesome!

kristy said...

She is so sweet! Love the shoes, and give her time... she may be a runner yet! We sure miss you guys! When will you be in Idaho? We are there now... I'll be there until the end of July... call me!

lllllll