Thursday, June 7, 2007

Oh Honey...


For anyone who doesn't know my husband is a very intelligent, creative, problem solver. That is why the current condition of our honey dispenser has me befuddled. Not only did he microwave the plastic-non-microwavable container once but twice! The second time he sheepishly showed me the crippled bottle as he apologized for being too imatient to boil it when the honey hardens. Later when he saw that I had pictures and realized he was about to be 'blogged' he said, "I had to do it twice. Like when I was a little boy and I touched the car lighter twice. Once when it was red and then once when it wasn't to see if it was still hot. Guess what? It was." Ultimately I believe the tragic disfigurment of the honey bottle could have been avoided if I had bought honey that didn't harden so easily or maybe a container that wasn't so cheap. I am glad it wasn't a honey bear bottle...that would have really scared the children...

2 comments:

shellydinger said...

I do the same thing to warm syrup in the microwave. I'm probably eating millions of chemicals along with my breakfast.

Sheila said...

A new trick I learned. Put your sugared honey in a saucepan on simmer. When it melts...it won't harden again! Works every time.

lllllll